What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice pitchers, I cant wait till they open up. Moar pics!

looking good thez,nice tenius,

Sorry to hear of the demise of your lil campy Thez...i know what a fan you are of the species.

The rest of your plants are looking great.

I was surprised to see the flower seemingly coming right out of the trunk of your chocolate plant...i've never seen them in flower before - best of luck with that one.

Do you start to get some cooler weather now? If so, that should help out with your HL/intermediate collection of Neps.

Thanks again for the update, it's always good to see the plants growing on your balcony.

dvg

Thanks guys :)

dvg: thx.. yeah they apparently flower right out of the trunk which is unsettling to me too :-)) The weather is sort-of cooler the past few months I think because it rained a few times... but now come the Santa Ana winds which bring hot, dry weather so I guess we'll see how everything copes with that :ohno:.

Wow thez! Everything is looking great, that is perhaps the biggest N. tenuis pitcher I've ever seen! Also, the caocao tree flower is amazing, you're really fortunate, now I must hunt for a chocolate tree!

OMG, densiflora x rob looks like it is made of chocolate... I wanna eat it...

You have amazing plants, thez! Your balcony looks like a jungle. :)

Aww thanks guys :)

Peat: yeah it does look like a cocoa powder covered truffle, eh?

Hmm.. still being delinquent but I have a few pics to share :) Meanwhile I hate how they've changed photobucket.. (why are my pics different sizes ???)

tenuis
DSC_0007-4.jpg

DSC_0011-1-1.jpg

ventricosa x hamata
DSC_0013-2-1.jpg

khasiana x viking
DSC_0009-3.jpg

Paph mutt making to bloom!!
DSC_0008-1-1.jpg

The boschiana x campanulata blooming (female!!)
DSC_0024-1.jpg

Ping flower... I know not which ping it is ???
DSC_0021-2.jpg

hamata BE clone
DSC_0018-3.jpg

and platychila
DSC_0011-1.jpg

I couldn't agree more about photobucket thez. Once again great pics! I really need to spend a day and read through this thread entirely. That ping flower really grabs ya!

Nice update! Really like the platychila, it's a really pretty species. Also the ventricosa x hamata is really nice! I know it's probably been mentioned somewhere in the 100 pages of this thread, but what are your conditions like?

I was trying to get some pics off of photobucket last night and it was down. Your comment made me check it out again. It looks really different but I actually like it more. The layout makes more sense to me and it seems a lot faster. That's a big improvement because before it took so long just to look at a picture.

Love dat vent x hamata. . .

The N. tenuis and N. platy look great! The BE N. hamata is :drool:

Nice update as usual! As others have stated, loving that ventricosa x hamata.

I agree, photobucket in the "bucket," I have gone back to Flickr.

Thanks guys :)

dueoka: My conditions for the CPs for all but khas x viking, bosch x campy, thor x campy, alata, campy x (spec x talan), xclarabell, clippy x (clippy x eymae), campy x max, nephthys, and robcantleyii is out on my balcony in zip code 92103 :) The warmer half of the year I'd say 75-80 by day and 60-70 by night. The chillier half of the year I'd say 65-70 by day and 40-50 by night. The villosa spends the nights in the fridge though. The ones I excluded sit inside behind a window so whatever it is outside by day, +/- fiveish degrees and maybe a 5degree temp drop at night. Humidity is whatever the ocean decides to roll in or not so sometimes it gets up to 100% and I've seen 0% as well. Light hours is whatever the sun provides. Oh, and I have the petiolaris dews at work with Neps clipeata, hamiguitanensis and peltata currently on 12hrs on/12 off daylight 26w cfl bulb in a small terrarium with nothing but that bulb for heat/light.

Very nice plants thez! That vent x hamata except for the lighter body is really starting to look like playt x hamata.

Very nice plants thez! That vent x hamata except for the lighter body is really starting to look like playt x hamata.

Oh, but look at the mouth a couple days ago from when it just opened - it screams hamata which just rules!
DSC_0013-3.jpg

Yep :) It's gorgeous!!

Oh, everything was looking happy this evening:
DSC_0002-1-1.jpg

and my beloved platy
DSC_0005-1-1.jpg

• #1,000
The shape on khasiana x viking is too cool!

Back