I had lots of really nice home grown sphagnum but I moved it to my new HL chamber and now it's bleaching out. I was wondering if it would be OK to mix up a very light high nitrogen low phosphorus fertilizer and mist it on the moss to hopefully green it back up without encouraging algae. I've got some pics.
Here's a pot of moss (and U. endresii) the day I moved it into the new tank (Sunday):
and today (thursday):
It's plenty wet and cool with 75*F days 50*F nights daily spraying the fog keeps the air 80-85% RH. But there is now 4 T5 HO lamps over the plants compared to the 2 there was previously but the lights are now 20" above the pot tops as compared to only 8" before.
Here's a shot of a random clump you can see the earlier green growth further down and the new bleached out top growth:
You can see all the moss is bleaching in all the pots
I want my rich green moss back, anyone have any suggestions?