Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another RO unit thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty, I'll go ahead and let them know that's what I want to do, then!

Finally cutting out the grocery store from the hobby picture... what a relief.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few obvious hints

*Make your tubing cuts nice and square with a box cutter blade...
    *Route your lines and PP so air can easily be purged by the system (the pump will have a "this side up" indicator)
    *You will notice a unique sound with a PP equipped system, they pulse their output to the tank.
    *Tie off your lines with zip ties to reduce relative motion on the connections

HTH's
    Av

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, truth be told, I was planning on stealing your setup; putting things in the same place, tubing looking similar, etc etc. Trying to think of a way to mount it under the sink such that it's still easily accessible. I'm thinking I'll mount it all on a piece of plywood and then drill some holes in that to hang the whole thing on a couple screws on the inside of the cabinet. Should work, I suspect.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i went to lowes and got a small white shelving board so it would match LOL

gmta LOL

Oh BTW, i get my replacement prefilters at lowes... they have a kit of 1 sediment w/ 2 carbon block for about 25, They are not marked as to micron rating but they've really worked well for me. (Whirpool brand)

Butch

(fwiw you can actually do away with the ASO valve with a permeate pump, however... I dont recommend this... it can cause excessive cycling.... get the 90%, that way tank pressure has to drop to 90% of membrane before the unit cycles back on ( a 10% deadband))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, that's not a bad idea at all. Yours is out in the open, though (or so it looks to be), while mine will be down under the sink, so I'm not all too worried about matching. XD However, it might not be a bad idea anyway since the paint will offer some protection against water and, thus, mildew.

That's awesome about the prefilters at Lowe's, too. Nothing like the convenience of just running to a store in town as opposed to ordering online and paying for shipping and such. Thanks for the tip!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im paying close attention and bookmarking this thread, thanks for all the great info everyone!
    Grow to learn, learn to grow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto on the DI placement, ALWAYS vertical or, in time, you might as well not even use it. One thing, I'm not a great fan of PPs in public areas. Some are quieter than others, but all make noise. The better ones, with better installation, are pretty whisper quiet. If you find that it is noisy, find a foam mousepad or two and use them in between the pump and wherever it's mounted. The hammer usually isn't too bad, but it is usually evident, so you really do want to take your time and make sure your fitting connections are soild and clean and neat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up on the noise level. I'm sure I'll figure something out, I tend to be pretty crafty. The mousepad idea does sound good. I might try them both between the pump and the mount board and between the mount board and the cabinet. Should, theoretically, dampen things pretty well.

I'll be sure to update this thread a little while from now with my first impressions and then again a few months from now. ^.^

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast