Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another RO unit thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, that seller is giving me some grief. They don't sell the ASO valve in their eBay store, so they wanted me to pay for it through a Paypal invoice, even though eBay, every time you contact someone or vice-versa, reminds you to ignore any requests to pay for items outside of eBay. But, ya know, I figured it was $10 and the seller has excellent ratings. So I said to go ahead with it. They sent me the invoice... for the cost of the entire setup, even though I could easily buy the RO unit and permeate pump from their eBay store, therefore within eBay's protection and policies. When I replied letting them know I wanted to only pay for the ASO valve through paypal and get the rest from their store, the cost of the ASO valve went up to $25 - 250% that which they told me ($10) not only in the first email they sent me, but also in the Paypal invoice. I don't know, it just strikes me as shady. Why would the cost of the ASO valve more than double just because I'm not sending them $250 direct from Paypal? They were also sure to tell me they don't do private auctions, so they can't simply make one auction for me with everything I want included, therefore obeying eBay's policies.

So, I'm looking elsewhere unless they figure out a way to rectify the situation. This unit and seller are what I'm looking at now, and I'm about to contact the seller about adding a tank and permeate pump.

We'll see how this goes, but is there anything I'm missing with the unit itself? It looks decent to me (assuming I can mount the two (o.O) DI canisters vertically), but maybe I'm missing something important.

Thanks again. I'll be sure to get back with info about how it goes with this seller. As of right now, however, I can't say I can recommend filterdirect as a source for anything outside of the basic buy-it-now option.

EDIT: This unit is also available from the same seller, which might be better, but I find 160gpd a little suspicious.

EDITEDIT: This one is also looking pretty solid.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reaper,

that unit shows its comes with an ASO valve but i dont see the tank??
    Also, cant tell if the DI unit is bulk bead or some kind of DI filtering element and no mention of bypass valve

I think i would avoid it

Maybe get the first system (the one that is acting funny on the PP/ASO) as is and just source the permeate pump seperately
    I bet they are reselling those two items from someone else

Ill look for the vendor i used for it... gimme a few mins to find them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank ya.

The permeate pump isn't what they're giving me grief about, it's just the valve. And I wouldn't be surprised if I could just pick up a 90% ASO valve somewhere in town... But it's a lot to do with how they're kind of jerking me around about it. Take a look at that EDITEDIT one, if you get a chance, though - looks solid, and they have a site I'm poking around right now.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the source i used for my PP and ASO

They list their phone number even... call them and see if they can help put you a system together
    http://stores.ebay.com/fixyurwater?_trksid=p4340.l2563

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

I totally understand.... I dont think i would go with them mate.... i have a feeling service after the sale would be zero

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF the guy offered me the $10 ASOV, sure, I'd take it, but INSISTING that the whole deal go off e-bay would throw up some red flags for me too. The 150 gpd is "up to", but does sound a little hinky in a single membrane unit. A quick look and neither unit has a pump or drain saddle included that I could see. But I don't think you're going to find a very reputable brand/seller, all-inclusive unit, pump, ASOV, flush, etc., etc. for less than $250. For a 60 or so gpd unit, you'll probably come in around $250.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll keep fixyurwater in mind for a pump and valve if I can't find someone to put the whole thing together for me, but their systems don't look necessarily good. >.< This is turning out to be much more work than I expected!

And, yeah, them telling me the price of the valve goes from $10 to $25 just because I don't want to buy everything outside of eBay is exactly what made me suspicious. Steering clear unless, maybe, if they can fix the situation - even then, though, like Av8tor1 said, I don't know if I'll be able to trust them post-sale. So we'll see.

I'm still diggin' around, I'll figure something out... don't really have a choice, LOL.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wouldnt hurt to call fixurwater and show them this thread and see...
    They do state that they can build per customer request... showing them the thread might help with pricing and expressing your desires

just an idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just shot fixyurwater an email (because I suck at describing things on the phone and figured it'd be easier for both parties to just have a list of my "wants," LOL). I don't know why I said their units don't look "necessarily good," they certainly do. Not to mention they're made here in the US, which I hear is good - if my Zippo is any indicator, it must be true. XD And Dave (the owner, I assume) obviously takes pride in his products, so that's always nice.

We'll see if it'll be within budget. >.<;

Thanks for the 9 billionth time!

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast