User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How often do you check yourr plants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once a day for my basement HL plants....twice for my bedroom plants....once for my outdoor plants....if it isn't pouring rain.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    prolly average once a week.....10 days isnt unusual......this time of year i can go 14-20 days without looking at them......have lil interest in a hobby that requires daily attention, if i cant walk away for atleast 5 days its of no use to me.....neps arent that fast of growers anyway, doesnt do much good to look in on them every day....prefer walking in to something new to look at, actually having a chance of finding a new pitcher or the like....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    morning and night to mqke sure they didnt wilt or anythiung since wilting is usuayl only a problem if it lasts several hours and then tissue death occurs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phew... well, morning chores begin with (after putting coffee up) a quick-ish look at my 30 or so bonsai, maybe 5-10 minutes, then turn on the lights for the 10g CP terrarium, check on them about 5-10 minutes, adjust lid spacing if need be, then pour the coffee, mist the bonsai, pull the Nepenthes out of its cage (now has a fourth pitcher forming WHEE) and mist it, check on the cephs, then back into its cage. If I've got a few minutes before I have to leave and after I shower and check the boards, I'll take another quick look. When I get home from work, it's misting time for the bonsai and Nepenthes again, dinner, feed the fish, top off if required, spend a few minutes checking plants. Then I check again at night, maybe 15-20 minutes just looking. It's pretty amazing how fast some CPs do grow. For instance, a D. spatulata popped up two days after I set up the 10 and has popped up a new leaf fully, dew and all, every 3 days or so.

So, I guess I spend about an hour a day checking on my home plants, a few minutes here and there between tasks with my work plants. But, I have an advantage in that I just about never watch any TV, ever.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have to check on them for several days at a itme though. i just fill the trays and the lights go on and off by themselves.. so now that they are in trays they can go like 5 days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokken View Post
    I check mine twice a day: Once in the morning, once in the afternoon/evening. Mist them during those times and I like to look at what's new.
    Ditto minus the misting.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I check mine over every day when it's roasting out to make sure all the swamp plants are sufficiently flooded, but otherwise if it's 70-75 F during the day I'll go half to full week between checking on anything. It's mainly just to water. I'll go through maybe once a month or every few months to cut dead leaves off too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I check the few plants i have often, 4-5 times a day right now.it was more than that but less often the longer i have had them, but I am still pretty new to this stuff, and wanna make sure that my little carnies are doin allright.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast