What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insect ID?

I was out cleaning freshly fertilized lawn clippings off my plants ( :censor: ) when I noticed a bunch of these little guys all over at least one pot. Any idea what they are? Are they bad for CPs?

a4K85.png

XXzDe.png

Crap dude i don't know what they are. Not sure if they are harmful or not to carnivorous plants. You sure do have a infestation.

Last edited:
I have tons all over most of my pots. I hope they're harmless. Thanks for the link, Not a Number. It looks like it might be those.

look like a type of springtail to me.......

They're incredible cool looking! How large are they?

springtails can walk on water. they will cross a moat just fine by themselves. Feed on fungi, algae or decaying organic matter. ideal to have infesting seedling area of drosera or almost any CP seedlings.....

I imagine they don't even have to walk on water to get to my plants. I got near them with tweezers and they simply disappeared. Vanished. No wonder they call them springtails.

Yup! I have quite a nice population of them as well. Mine have two white dots and a fully black body. They do no harm. Had them for over 3y in my neps.

Back