What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thought this was pretty cool.

• Thread starter Monkey
  • Start date
Oh man, I'd be all about that. Somebody spot me a few million bucks for the down payment?
~Joe

Do want.

Meh. Don't get me wrong, if somebody said, "Hey, would like this house", I'd take it. But, it's totally not my thing, that whole open museum look. I'd take it and roll it over the very next day, buy a house half the size with ten times the land here in NY, another in Belize, and maybe a few cars. :)

All I want in a house is a fireplace, a room where I can build a library, a fireplace, and room enough for trees and a greenhouse. Too much to ask for?

Nope, I've got one of those. :) Sorry.

Windows -> plant racks. Excessive open space -> workshop.
~Joe

And a bamf kitchen...

Hehe, I think that goes without saying, with a house as pretty as that.
~Joe

Did someone want a little privacy in that bedroom? I guess not. The whole thing looks like a giant greenhouse... can't imagine how much it would cost to cool it... It is a very nice looking place, and I wouldn't mind it if i could afford it, but man, I'd spend my whole life washing windows! :)

There's probably remote-controlled curtains or some other fancy privacy gimmick. But given the location, I don't think there will be too many neighbors within peeping range.
~Joe

Did someone want a little privacy in that bedroom? I guess not. The whole thing looks like a giant greenhouse... can't imagine how much it would cost to cool it... It is a very nice looking place, and I wouldn't mind it if i could afford it, but man, I'd spend my whole life washing windows! :)
Are you nuts? If you could afford the house, you could afford a few measly slaves to wash your windows for you. XD

EDIT: And you don't need curtains when every window is lined with racks full of plants...

I'm pretty sure they showed remote control shades in the movie.

Very true. All the same, I like doing things on my own too. I hate it when maids are following you around waiting to clean up after you, I just don't feel as much quality to my life living like that (this is in MY opinion, I personally like taking care of myself and my own things). Like I said, IF i could afford it I would like it, but given that I don't like maid service, I would never get a break from cleaning.

And, LOL I've seen some of the "smart glass" windows have some fun glicthes. We use them sometimes in meetings at work. Also, I had just gotten done reading this little story, paragraph 4-13ish http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=15115774 quite funny.

Bahahaha! Sounds like the pane got installed inside-out.
~Joe

i want to cry now....so nice!

Isn't the story great! My coworker read it to me today while I was at work and I had to stop helping people for a minute while I played out the mental image and laughed.

What I'm wondering is how they didn't notice in eight entire months. If I were relying on a pane of frosted glass for my privacy, I would test it. While the contractor that installed it was still on the premises.
~Joe

Back