Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: God is coming back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @dash: not a big deal. no worries mate.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gill_za View Post
    And since we touched the topic of online etiquette let me reiterate that the initial POST DOES have all the characteristics of internet trolling
    I wouldn't even begin to deny the truth of that statement. I was just saying that it isn't necessary to call it that way. If it is a troll, it'll become obvious to everyone in time. If it isn't, it would be inconsiderate to derail the thread with accusations.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My own take on this end of the world nonsense is don't let anyone fool you and don't fool yourself. Both my parents were into different Christian churches who eventually began predicting this stuff. My dad's sometime in 1970s and my mother's church pronounced the end of the world in 1989 or so and it didn't happen either either time (obviously). Thankfully, both of them left their churches when these issues came up. The same "signs" are always given as indicators: earthquakes, floods, strange weather, wars... what other signs could there be? Since these are all natural earth occurrences they're always valid predictions. Successful predictions are always made in vague terms so as not to become too precise and therefore incorrect over time.

I don't think he's trolling, just discovering himself and curious about others. I was on a kick of making these kinds of posts a few years ago - I didn't know the word trolling back then. In my own case it was because I was into studying all sorts of philosophy at the time and I liked to know what other people believed and why and if they could justify it clearly to me.

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha... have you guys heard about the May 21st Judgement day? Some guy said he figured it out, it is pretty funny, if we all make it hrough the 21st, then we're doomed!
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A (partial) list of doomsday predictions by year:
    http://web.me.com/lorenmadsen/endings/pick_a_year.html
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carnivoure12 View Post
    Haha... have you guys heard about the May 21st Judgement day? Some guy said he figured it out, it is pretty funny, if we all make it hrough the 21st, then we're doomed!
    im sorry but that guy (who made that prediction) is a friggen nut. he's predicted the end of the world and has been wrong not just once, but twice! people, get a clue! that being said, may 21st was coincidentally the same day he was kicked out of his local church...i think there's some personal beef.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Smile, it makes people nervous :) MH1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find this sort of belief quite interesting, especially when it is predicted on numerous occasions, throughout history. In my opinion, the whole 'end of the world' scenario seems more like a method to try and control a large group of people to do certain things, eg, abide by the Christian faith, etc etc. Which, in my own humble opinion, is exactly what religion sets out to do - to control the population. You only really need to look at the Hindu caste system to understand the idea, and the powerful tool religion can be in the manipulation of the masses to do the elite's wishes. I came across this video a while ago on youtube, and it illustrates my own point/view pretty perfectly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kOTh...el_video_title

If you believe the world is ending soon, you can if you want to. It's your own call. But as with most things in life, ideas should be questioned and evaluated- otherwise the only result is continuity. Just my 2 cents, anyway. Discourse is always healthy!

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey amp, it was a joke hehe, just trying to lighten up the mood, but you must ruin everything
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast