Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another of my birds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that's amazing and looks like quite a bit of work as well. How often do you have to oil them?
    At least they seem relatively calm about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oiling frequency can vary from once every couple months to a couple times a month. It depends on the time of year and conditions. I just do it whenever they need it.

They're very calm. No restraint is required for trimming nails or clipping the tip of the upper mandible either when it overgrows.

Here's a link to other maintenance they require as demonstrated on his brother, Hakuraikou. Note that no restraint is required. The legs are just braced by hand when trimming the spurs. No restraint though.

http://onagadori.wordpress.com/2010/...-david-rogers/

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously, that bird is wearing a weave. :P
    J/K. Very nice, though I don't think I could maintain that level of maintenance. Good on you.
    YouTube people are awful. I watch videos by the electronics guru Jeri Ellsworth and the trolls on there make me want to pull my hair out. She's a self-trained engineer who built a Commodore-64-on-a-chip for one of those gamepads that plugs into a TV and has old games like Galaga and Centipede on it. Anyways, her dad was an auto mechanic and her first field of tinkering was racecars, and people constantly call her out on it, despite her name being easily found on a number of racing websites. She actually had to do a video showing old photos of frames she'd assembled just to try and shut them up.
    But enough rambling; the moral of the story is that people who comment on YouTube videos are largely irrelevant idiots.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's crazy! Such a small birds and such long tail feathers. Do they ever get caught on anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
    That's crazy! Such a small birds and such long tail feathers. Do they ever get caught on anything?
    They weigh right around 4 Lbs. They can get caught on about anything. If they are pulled, that blood supply I showed in the video can be tough to stop. They can bleed to death if they pull very many.

They can't have round perches. The feathers will wrap around a round surface like a bull whip when the bird leaps off of a round perch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my goodness, he's gorgeous!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow! Awesome rooster! Very nice work.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12