What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

@mass: hahaha. well, if any consolation, it was given to me in that mix. i didnt replant it. it doesnt seem to mind, grows just as fine, if not better than the others.

Amph i wouldnt quite call the speckling too out of the ordinary for the jacq... mine does it as well, though its usually less noticeable when it gets more light and is dark red with a nice deep purple peristome....

here is a trap that is just now starting to open
DSC_0371.jpg

and one thats been opened for awhile
DSC_0372.jpg

The queen of lace as always, jacquelineae is a beautiful name for such a wonderful plant!

Ohhh my stars.... :love:
Everything is just phenomenal, Jon! I love it :clap:

I don't even care to mop up my drool anymore, it would detract from time that could otherwise be spent being hypnotized. Bravo, I say, bravo!

That P. cyclosecta is just gorgeous.
Guess we all know what's going on my want list.

@summer: yes, i agree...you know whats a winning combination side by side: esseriana, cyclosecta, and jaumavensis....those 3 are full of win. you can easily appreciate them when they're side by side.

more pics since the sun decided to do a 30 second peak...
graomogolensis---more or less the same size when i first got it---which is saying a lot since this is actually an offshoot of the mother plant, which did pass away.
IMG_1307.jpg

big brother, little "hairy" brother
IMG_1304.jpg

jacquelinae's pitchers have never looked better for me since i first got the plant, and even then, nothing like this!
IMG_1302.jpg
IMG_1301.jpg

quelchii---for travis aka pygo, please stalk this forum so i can update you on the flower.
IMG_1311.jpg
IMG_1312.jpg

flower closeup:
IMG_1308.jpg

h. minor---
IMG_1323.jpg
IMG_1322.jpg

h. sarracenioides---as you can tell, a very vigorous grower...the dead leaf was only 2 leaves before the main.
IMG_1324.jpg
IMG_1328.jpg

u. bisquamata 'betty's bay'---should this even be considered a cultivar? seems more like a location variety to me...way to open a can of worms. :p
IMG_1321.jpg

and a new debut: u. praetermissa, which is growing very well--exhibiting lots of stolon/trap growth for one tuber, which is nice.
IMG_1313.jpg

that's all for now folks...the petiolaris dews are waking up, so i'll be taking shots of them when they are full of foliage.

Last edited:
Ohmystars, why are you so amazing? :laaa:

@liz: because i try. VERY VERY hard.... :p

it could also be because of the magickal camera---my plants actually look really crappy--even dead....but through the lens of this camera, things look like they're really thriving. :awesome:

Last edited:
Wow, how have I been missing this thread... :0o:

I love your dews, especially the paradoxa. And your P. cyclosecta is so purple! :awesome:

Jon, is that the U. quelchii I am thinking of?

Everything looks amazing Jon...except the hamata..he looks like the elephant man. :lol:

@soopa: this quelchii was the one that i left behind when i went to Roraima--the joke is that it missed me so much that it started a flowerstalk to get me to come back. :awesome:

@soopa: this quelchii was the one that i left behind when i went to Roraima--the joke is that it missed me so much that it started a flowerstalk to get me to come back. :awesome:

:-))

Good for U. quelchii, glad you're getting a flower out of him!

Your dews look amazing! I can never get my D. capensis to keep any more than 5 leaves at a time. The purple Ping is drool worthy!

@wire: thanks so much! yeah, i'd have to agree with cyclosecta...it's a must have in any CP collection...i dont know of any ping that sports purple leaves!

Holly molly! Everything is so clean and perfect. :)

oh i wouldnt go as so far as to call them perfect ;)
but thanks a lot! you've got some pretty awesome plants yourself!

Back