What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even so, I'll for sure leave it for the more experienced, lol. I can almost guarantee I'd kill it, and that would be a downright shame.

that flower is gorgeous!!

Your pics are sooo nice. :drool: Love that aristo

everything looks so beautiful, love that shot of the campo

thanks everyone for the kind comments....one more slew of pitchers i mean pictures....

frontal and myspace shots of H. heterodoxa and N. hamata
_MG_3932.png
_MG_3930.png

_MG_3923.png
_MG_3924.png

drosera villosa. love this plant, although the petiole has been regressing in length. i hope that is more due to temps and nothing serious like sudden South American Drosera death or something. >.>
_MG_3929.png

utricularia jamesoniana, slowly but surely---flower should be fully open within a week or two
_MG_3922.png

utricularia campbelliana- starting to take off for me...you can see some exposed traps, one of which is reddish
_MG_3910.png

last but not least, D. derbyensis---starting to grow up, transitioning from glabrous to woolly.
6883541141_14bce8468d_o.png

Last edited:
You got campbelliana! Congrats! :)

@brokken: yes....i've had campbelliana for almost a year and a half now---can you believe that this plant started off from a plant plug of 2-3 leaves? such a glacial pace, but now starting to pick up. the undergrowth/rolons/stolons, whatever you want to call it, have become more noticeable lately, and are primarily responsible for the abundance of leaves.

Very nice! Looking at that U. campbelliana just reaffirms how ridiculous this hobby can be. :lol:

@dex: this hobby? ridiculous? never! :awesome:

'Nice stuff. Perhaps the D.villosa is shortening its petioles as part of a maturing process?

Oooh...very very nice! :drool:

@blue: perhaps....although i've always heard of it going the otherway around...short then elongated. either way...the growth point isnt shrinking so i guess im safe? now, if only i could get it to keep more than 2 leaves at a time!

Hot diggety! How's the tenuis and stuff doing too, eh?

@thez: neps are currently rebounding. platy, RHH hamata, tenuis, jacq, and burbidgeae currently inflating pitchers. will take pictures when there are pictures to take. RHH hamata and jacq look like the first to be photographed. jamban is doing some weird stasis thing....nothings dying, but nothings growing either. :(

Stuff looks great Amp...especially the U.camby :)

@exo: hahahaha. thanks dude. but we all know the real show is with the flowers. ;)

Awesome plants and pictures. "utricularia campbelliana- starting to take off for me" ... *sees less than a dozen leaves* Hahaha, glacial? I guess so!

Awesome awesome awesome amp!! Love the hamatas!! I so look forward to trying one one day. Fantastic growing.

@kyle: yes...of course it would grow at a glacial pace! if it didnt, it wouldnt be commanding ~$300 for a sprig!
@jb: thank you very much sir! my dementor hamata hasnt pitchered for me since i changed my tank perimeters...we'll see if it still grows deformed pitchers. :)

Jon. Oooooh, that's mighty purrrty! Say, what ever happened to your "special needs" hamata?

Back