Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E-Bay Seller Q

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No "reviews" of other sellers please. I don't allow positive feedbacks, so negative feedbacks are not allowed either.
    To stay fair...

Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, sorry about that, I was completely unaware. If this happens to someone else in the future, me even, is it still okay to ask for others' experiences with a particular seller (pre or post purchase)? Or request input in PMs?

I should correct that first statement, sorry. I was not aware that the policy extended to personal sellers on e-bay. My apologies.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ebay is a grey area. While statements like RL's above is generally allowed to protect people, "reviews" are not. I just try to keep it fair; meaning you can't come here and brag about the great plants you got from a ebayer, nor come and blast them. I wish you all could rely on the rating system of ebay- but up until recently it's been flawed (as mentioned in this thread) I've emailed ebay a few times regarding shady peeps... and they want me to call in and give all these details blah blah... which I've already emailed them. So basically, they're not interested IMHO.
    -Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear ya. I've seen wild pics of Sarrs, or guys shipping qtys and large plants at low prices out of native areas, you know. I always report them, more I can not do. And yeah, maybe it's the guy's own land... but maybe not, maybe more likely not. The way I see it, if anyone comes down on sellers or e-bay, they can't say they weren't warned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, I think I need some help here... If you've experience on e-bay and want to help a fellow CPer with a problem, PM me. What I'm hoping for is people who can and will provide affidavits of experiences regardless of feedback left, which I can then forward to e-bay customer buyer protection, if necessary. I'm being pro-active, they've not asked for anything like this yet. Respect to the board and admins/mods, I can not mention anything more than I have already about this experience here as it would be, essentially and 100% agreed, a review.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I get a big WOOT for ebay? Customer support just ruled in my favor for 100% refund on all disputed items.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did you handle it in email or end up having to call them?
    -Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't need to speak to anyone, the claims were filed and e-bay decided without contacting me at all. Well, it didn't help that the seller blocked me without responding to the first two inquiries. When you go through the process, there's at least one point where it's stated that they will go through all communications between buyer and seller that have gone through e-bay. So they not only had proof of this seller NOT trying to settle things, they also had proof of the seller accusing me of trying to scam them (which they sent AFTER I contacted buyer protection) without even attempting to resolve things. Oh, and the auctions clearly defined size and quality of items, not the nebulous backpedal the seller took stating "may be smaller or larger" and "right to substitute". I also have a spotless record and haven't left many negatives or even neutrals in some 10 years of using e-bay for various items. In fact, the only negatives I can remember were for an old copy of "Innes'" fish book (and boy was that seller REALLY creepy) which took over two weeks to reach me and another that took as long or longer and neither seller responded to any queries as to when and if it shipped. But that was years ago. Anyway, ebay decided in my favor in, what, less than 24 hours. Moral of the story, if you're SO clear-cut in the right, things will work out. Be that as it may, I'm done buying CPs on ebay from unknown sellers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12