Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Short term memory loss

does this rag smell like chloroform to you? boxofrain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry to hear of your illness'. I have my share of ailments as well, it comes with age I suppose. Definitely get a brain age, it has helped my wife a lot for the same reasons as you.
    Have you ever thought of trying Cannabis for the Fibro? It has shown to help improve many of the "hidden" symptoms of this debilitating disease. Many States now have legal Medical Marijuana Laws, does your's?
    Hoping you feel better.
    "the memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of a man in his prime"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for that copper. God has a plan for everything. Pray that it will go away. I will also be praying as always.

Ean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will not use cannabis (smoking), I have many reasons for it. First off I am a drug expert and know exactly what cannabis does. Second I also have a medical back ground and know how it helps. Third, I came out of the childhood from hell. I was raised by two drunk, drug users and step dad was a dealer. It is hard to describe the life, but I will in a book someday, but needless to say I hate drugs. I am even refusing the pain pills at this point. Medically the harm still out weighs the good, but I will consider cannabis pills soon. We are talking it over. I would get the benefits with out the high. I now that the high actually helps by relaxing you, but I am a control freak. I think it is due to the life I came out of. That is one reason I am soooo happy my liver is healing. Most of my family members where heavy drug users and/or alcoholic. My sister isn't, but she is pre-diabetic. A good liver would be hard to find, lol.

I also have COPD and RSV so smoking anything is out (born with both). My whole family has medical problems. My mother had her first child at 16 and then 6 more in seven years. She did not talk care of herself or eat right. They did not know then. I was the heaviest of the seven children at 5 pounds, my elder brother was the lightest at 1.3 pounds. He had it rough, but made it through. taking care of yourself during pregnancy is so important.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there just keep plugging away at it. From what we've already discussed a bit in PM's (remember ?, sorry that was too easy) your best bet in my opinion is support from your husband. Keep him in line ! Stress and lack of sleep will agrivate the heck out of the fibro. I have finally gotten better about arguing with my wife about whether she has told me something or not. She won't remember she did and I don't need to agrivate the fibro. Just tell us again and we can move on. A few things help her with the pain but nothing to play around with. Heck I even put the pills in the pill box so she doesn't think she forgot to take them and doubles up. Makes for an early bedtime ! Take Care
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sucks Copper......went through this a bit some years ago but luckily mine was short term.....when looking for ways to help me deal with my chronic pain we tried various sleeping pills.....seems with me i get most those "rare side effects" they tell yah about when they advertise them.....for about 6 weeks while on one it was impossible for alot of my short term memory to convert to long term memory.....

funny thing bout the brain is it has some great coping mechanisms.....it seems to know missing memory is bad so it just substituted what it thought should be there and i never noticed the problem given it was combined with just enough stuff getting pushed through that i actually do remember.....took my wife and 3 employees telling me something wasnt right with me before they convinced me to go to the doc....

end result was it was recommended i no longer use sleeping pills of most any form other than melatonin....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Copper, let me add my support to what you've already received. Fortunately I've been spared, so far, the worst of fibro-fog. When I do have a bout though I tend to panic because alzheimers runs so strongly in my mother's family. I don't have a DS but I do have an older palm pilot. I was able to find free programs on line for it similar to the DS brain programs. If you ever want, feel free to pm or email me just to vent.
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12