What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For DS Fans (new stylus that won't piss you off!)

So, here's the rundown. Basically, there's this new stylus design invented by Elton Leung that flips out and gives you a wider grip. That's right- no more pinching together that tiny little stylus as you desperately try to move it around on your screen. The biggest advantage of the XStylus is that you're able to store it in any DS slot, and the stylus slot for OpenPandora. It's kind of hard to explain, but the website explains it a lot better. The reason I'm posting this is because I know a lot of people can benefit from the stylus, especially those who need more pen-like freedom of movement when playing touch-screen games like Nintendogs. The wide grip also gives your arms and fingers less strain because it's wider apart. Elton has only 14 days left to raise 1,090. I'd say that's maybe around 6 $15 contributions a day. $15 is the minimum that you can contribute to get a set of the styluses (styli?) when they begin to get manufactured. You will get a special set that is exclusive to the people who were able to contribute beforehand. The only reason I'm saying "contribute" rather than "buy" so much is because the $15 really matters. You can donate more, get better perks, but I'm not some, like, ad guy or something. The deadline is creeping up and, if the goal is not reached, the host website called IndieGoGo will charge 9% instead of 4%. Really, the goal is around $9,000 instead of $7,000 to really get production going. By the looks of it, I felt I should help out at least a little. So do DS fans a favor, and by contributing you'll also get your own pack of the XStylus.

I don't mind the DS stylus for whatever reason. (Which is odd, since I have a terrible time gripping pen-like tools.) So I don't know how interested I am in this project. OpenPandora sure sounds cool though!
~Joe

Judging by the reviews and the prototype, I can see it benefitting pretty much anyone. Personally, my wrist starts to hurt after playing too long on Nintendogs. A lot of touch-screen movement. Even if this doesn't apply to you, it also helps movement of the stylus better because of its wide grip. Just my opinion, but if you're fine with the normal stylus that's great.

I'd certainly be interested in trying it, but I don't have cash to spend on this kind of thing, especially since these days I only pull my DS out like once a month tops. I hold the stylus more like chopsticks than a pen - maybe that's why it's easier for me to use. I don't move it with my fingers so much as I use my wrist.
~Joe

Back