What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hot Pepper fans: Trinidad Scorpion

trinidad-scorpion-chilli-seeds.jpg

For those of you who are into Bahut Jalookia AKA ghost Peppers and other crazy hot peppers check this one out, supposedly way hotter yet! Hell they even have stingers! :D

http://thepepperseed.com/peppers/the-worlds-hottest-chilli-pepper-trinidad-scorpion-butch-t/

I love the shape and have ordered a pack of seeds off ebay to grow just because. The strain I'm getting is supposedly very fat ontop with skinny curving tails. :)

Oh man, going on my want list.

Lol, the videos..... looks intense....

A few months back I had a plate of 8 wings in a sauce made with the bhut jolokia... it was like an out of body experience...

Trinidad Scorpion will put your tongue on house arrest almost instantly. There is a very pronounced bell pepper taste when you first bite into them. Not sweet like the Bhut gets at first when you bite into one. It is an alarming taste that makes you think. Aw man, this is going to hurt tomorrow morning.

LOL I'm actually going to give the peppers away to people who like hot stuff but want to grow it just for the heck of it since they're neat looking.

I got the seeds today and was planning to plant them in like 50/50 peat & perlite but I've never grown peppers before so not sure if that's a good idea or not. Anyone grow peppers?

I sow my pepper seeds in a wet paper towel and place them on top of my DVR box until the tap root emerges. Then I place them in trays or cups filled with pro mix potting mix.

haha, i thought i was the only one that used the DVR as a heat pad for seeds in paper towels :lol: though i've never used it specifically on pepper seeds.

Not all Trinidad Scorpions are created equal.

The TS Cardi is a yellow colored scorp with more heat than a habanero, but probably not a true superhot...meaning having close to or over 1 million SHU (Scoville heat units).

The TS Morouga Red is a very hot scorp and is a true super hot.

But the undisputed hottest pepper in the world right now it the Trinidad Scorpion 'Butch T' strain, named after Butch Taylor, who helped spread the seeds of this strain around.

The Butch T strain was recently tested at 1,463,700 SHU.

Compare that to a jalapeno pepper that rates around 5,000 SHU.

TS Butch T link

And for getting info on growing peppers, a great site to go to is thehotpepper.com

THP link

dvg

Keep in touch swords, I'd be interested....

peat perlite seems a bit sterile imho.
I used potting soil with a bit of perlite and sand for drainage, these things dont like to stay wet.(unless its rlly hot and sunny, then mine dont seem to mind standing in water)

It's now official with Guinness, the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T strain is now recognized as the world's hottest chile pepper.

link

And as a cautionary note, unless you're buying from a reputable dealer on eBay, chances are you'll only end up with orange habanero seeds.

Growers have been complaining the last couple of years of not getting the Bhut Jolokia seeds they had thought they'd paid for from some eBay sellers.

Now that the Butch T is the next big thing, unscrupulous eBay sellers will be trying to cash in on the demand...kinda like what was happening with the eddie seeds up for sale on there...buyer beware. ;)

dvg

Seeds are in place!
7 planted, patiently waiting

IMG_20110615_180602-1.jpg

IMG_20110615_191513.jpg

IMG_20110615_191518.jpg

Good luck with them. I havent had the pleasure of growing the Butch T yet but I have grown many of the other superhots and some not so supers...

Bhut jolokia next to a chocolate Habanero

CIMG0042.jpg

Bhut by itself

SDC10891.jpg

SDC10892.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Moruga blend

SDC10872.jpg

SDC10951.jpg

SDC10888.jpg

SDC10952.jpg

Yellow 7 Pod

SDC10889.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Yellow Scorpion Cardi

SDC10874.jpg

SDC10874.jpg

SDC10882.jpg

SDC10895.jpg

wow awesome stuff there. Yellow 7, morugas....nice.

How is/was the chocolate habanero?

Chocolate Hab is probably one my absolute favorites. The type I have grown for the past few years is a bit hotter than an orange hab but the flavor is what makes it. Its sweet and smoky and is superb in chili.

Chilis!

I love hot stuff. Dory, my hubby, always complains "She eats fire for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!" :awesome:

I ought to try germinating & growing again. I'll have to kick the cats off the DVR, though.

Great looking pods there Millworkman!

dvg

Last edited:
and here we go......

IMG_20110624_201134.jpg

Good luck Greg.

dvg, wasn't aware of it, but just signed up. Thanks.

Back