Thread: Searching for special pots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you could cut plastic bottles in half.
    my growlist: http://terraforums.com/forums/showth...306#post976306
    My pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/taliesin-ds/

<Exo> @Talie......You are the lord of all things blah....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Edward,

The 'plastic cover' that you linked to in your post looks very much like disposable pint glasses with a hole drilled in the base, to me. I have search eBay Malaysia for 'plastic pint glass' and found a few hits. You need to make sure that they are the clear type, as some of them are slightly opaque. Alternatively, as suggested above, you could cut the top/bottom off of plastic drinks bottle and add a hole for ventilation; see below for an example.

Last edited by mobile; 06-03-2011 at 04:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Edward

I've used clear plastic pop and water bottles in the past with success, but as mobiles picture shows its a good idea to have some form of ventilation incorporated.
    Cheers
    Steve

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "covers" in your photo are as swords says are merely clear plastic drinking cups. And as he says Solo is one of the largest manufacturers of these. These come on all sorts of sizes and diameters. Standardize on a couple of pots and then find cups that fit. Solo also makes the containers that delis use for salads etc. These fit perfectly on some of the pots I use. If you find a cup or container that fits look at the bottom and manufacturer and model number as well as the recycle plastic code will be imprinted there. A simple google search on the manufacturer and model will point you to many online sources.

Restaurant and Bar supply outlets have dozens of options you can buy cheaply in bulk. Google "plastic drinking cups" or "Solo containers"

As mentioned before pop and water drinking bottles are an option. An expesive option as you have to pay for recycle fees as well as the contents unless you want to compete with the homeless digging through trash and recycle (illegal activity) for empties. And you get less choice on size and uniformity of appearance.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12