What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your tentaculata is a fast grower? Wow, I wonder why mine's stalling so much..

:clap: Everything is gorgeous as always!! You should update more often! :D

Thank you everyone!

Mato - well it's not exactly fast but faster than my other terrarium neps right now . . .

Mass - I know, I got it just for the colour!

Liz - I'll try ;)

I'd tell you what my favorite one is....but I'd just list them all. :lol:

Awsome!! Good growing!

Oh wow, as majestic as ever sir carn :grin:

WOW! Beautiful neps!

May I ask how you keep the temperature and humidity in the desired range of those more difficult species? You live in Ontario... Isn't it cold and snowy there? Do you rely solely on diffused sunlight and misting?

Thanks pineapple. I don't really do anything to moderate temperature ranges, usually the temps in bedroom are "naturally" in the HL range, and I get good cool downs at night, especially in the winter.

In the summer they get about 5 hours of direct light in the morning and 11 of bright indirect light. In the winter photoperiod goes down quite a bit, this year I added some lights to a shelf to put some of the other neps for additional light.

Humidity is usually good, its higher in the summer, I mist them about twice a day! I keep the smaller neps in the terrarium where humidity and lighting are ofcourse more constant.

Thanks TJ & Thez!

Last edited:
Thanks pineapple. I don't really do anything to moderate temperature ranges, usually the temps in bedroom are "naturally" in the HL range, and I get good cool downs at night, especially in the winter.

In the summer they get about 5 hours of direct light in the morning and 11 of bright indirect light. In the winter photoperiod goes down quite a bit, this year I added some lights to a shelf to put some of the other neps for additional light.

Humidity is usually good, its higher in the summer, I mist them about twice a day! I keep the smaller neps in the terrarium where humidity and lighting are ofcourse more constant.

Wow, so simple but effective! Do you know what percentage the humidity is usually at? I heard Hamatas like high humidity. Is it really hardy for you?

Humidity sits at around 50% in the winter, and 70-80% in the summer. N. hamata has been a trouble maker for me really, I just lost mine, but it's because it got attacked by spider mites, and I think I think it didn't like the media I used for it, It does like its humdity for sure, thats why i was growing in the terrarium where humidity is constantly around 80%.

sweet plants carnivoure, keep up the great work!

Why thank you Steven!

Quick Update, my N. veitchii (k) opened a new pitcher, and N. ventricosa x hamata is looking nice again!

DSC03177.jpg

DSC03178.jpg

DSC03174.jpg

N. inermis is looking like it might do something interesting.
DSC03179.jpg

Beautiful plants. Love the veitchii.

Awesome windowsill pics. :) It seems everyone's veitchii is growing faster than mine. :)

Oh my my my have you done well! :love:

Wow.... very nice Carn!

Very nice! Everyone keeps posting pics of their Veitchii K and it makes the pain of not owning one even worst! Beautiful plants!

Some updates, please forgive my horrible photography :p

I set up this shelf with some lights and put some neps in there who needed more than what the winter photoperiod had to offer

DSC03212.jpg

N. ventriocosa x (ventricosa x xTM) - Doing nicely
DSC03227.jpg

N. spectabilis x aristolochioides - made a nice pitcherconsidering the conditions!
DSC03225.jpg

N. flava - biggest pitcher in my care!
DSC03232.jpg

N. ventricosa x hamata - a beast is born
DSC03230.jpg

N. inermis - finally looking like N. inermis :D :-D
DSC03223.jpg

and this one looks very promising
DSC03229.jpg

N. macrophylla
DSC03233.jpg

DSC03234.jpg

Courageous insects venture into the dense growth of the "Forest of Death" defying rumours of a beast with many mouths with sharp teeth lurks about . . .
DSC03236.jpg

And a relatively new addition to the family, our older cat was feeling lonely aand sad so we got him a friend!
DSC03221.jpg

Back