What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ae pronounced as a long 'a' is the way the Vatican does it. In classical Latin though it is often pronounced as a long 'e'. Either way is considered acceptable.

Back tot he plants, a few updates with more things opening:

N. x Mixta
DSC03371.jpg

N. rafflesiana
DSC03372.jpg

N. veitchii (BE)
DSC03368.jpg

N. reinwardtiana
DSC03369.jpg

N. truncata inside the N. robcantelyi pot.
DSC03364.jpg

DSC03373.jpg

Last edited:
You've always had the nicest x mixta out of anyone I've ever known. Some things never change..

That's very nice mass!Thank you, it was my first nep when I started the hobby :)

You've always had the nicest x mixta out of anyone I've ever known. Some things never change..

ha you can say that again

N. truncata "pasian" opened, biggest pitcher ever! 9-inches unopened, I'm so proud :)

DSC03407.jpg

DSC03408.jpg

DSC03411.jpg

DSC03413.jpg

It looks great! Congrats carn! :D

very nice indeed

Very cool, Danny. I hope mine catches up with that soon.

:-Dthats one hell of a pitcher bro!!! im a truncata junkie n enjoy em more than most other neps. just awesome in size shape and color. cant wait to see then ext one :0o:

Wow I just love the mixta and truncata!!

Very nicely done Daniel.

Your N. truncata is becoming a beast!

dvg

Doug, thank you very much! Must've missed yourcomment, it is slowly getting beastly :)

Update: A few nice pitchers opened for me, and two new additions arrived!

N. veitchii (k) - looking great and stripey with its latest
DSC03417.jpg

N. ventricosa - its hips don't lie.
DSC03420.jpg

DSC03422.jpg

N. truncata "pasian" - this baby made its biggest pitcher, and my biggest ever!
DSC03418.jpg

N. sanguinea - while I was raving about N. truncata opening a huge pitcher, this one was also working on one
DSC03424.jpg

Comparison
DSC03425.jpg

N. veitchii - this clone is from BE, rather pale, but I love it!
DSC03426.jpg

NEW - N. platychila - the pitcher/leaf ratio is impressive
DSC03427.jpg

DSC03428.jpg

NEW - N. mira - excited for this one, I really like its leaves
DSC03432.jpg

DSC03429.jpg

That is a most impressive display of Nepenthes pitchers there Daniel!

Really like the N. veitchii (K) and your N. ventricosa.

And agreed, even though the BE N. veitchii isn't all painted up...

...it's still a classic beauty!.

Thanks for sharing.

dvg

very nice updates sir :) the pasian is my fav but the veitchii and sanguinea are also very very nice.

Keep it up plant dude!

Doug - Thank you again! I knew you'd like the two varities of N. veitchii for sure. I also knew that N. ventricosa is the way to your heart ;)

myles - Yes, the pasian is impressive plant! Too bad I couldn't get a good picture of the N. sanguinea

Oh my, while we've all be looking elsewheres our carnivoure12 has been growing out the Great Canadian Carnioure Rainforest.

Very stunning pitchers Daniel! Got to be honest, makes all my neps look like little runts :p.That platy really looks like a winner, and im pretty certain that it is the pure species. Great job :)

digging the veitchii carn. the platy looks promising too. one of my favorite plants...maybe because it's the only one that grows faithfully for me. XD

Back