What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug ID needed

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Hey All. I live in coastal Maryland (USA mid-atlantic coast) and just found this little guy on one of my potted dews outside for the summer. ID would be appreciated. I do have pics from other angles if needed.
Thanks

bug1.jpg

A species of assasin bug...it eats other bugs.....prolly that color to blend in with flowers.

do not let it bite you. it hurts like a motherfrakker. it also doesnt have its wings yet, so still a nymph. the fact that it is white indicates that it's freshly molted.

OH Lord. thats an assasin bug. Their bite is reported to be 10x a hornet!! And it is sore and open for months sometimes since the venom dissolves flesh.

It's an assassin bug nymph. Keep it around, they interesting little bugs. An adult bit me on my ankle last week. It does hurt a lot, and for many hours afterwards.

It's an assassin bug nymph. Keep it around, they interesting little bugs. An adult bit me on my ankle last week. It does hurt a lot, and for many hours afterwards.

I've no intention of making a pet out of it :D but I did leave on the plant I found it on.

It should helps control things like aphids. They can do cruel things to ants, teasing the colony with the dried corpses of their kin just to catch more.

Back