User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 48 of 82

Thread: Off-topic Anime thread :)

  1. #41
    LeafKirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna get mutilated.

  2. #42
    Never Knows Best gill_za's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philadephia, PA
    Posts
    996
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterKirby View Post
    This thread angers me.
    If something angers you and does not seem to anger others or the majority, the problem is on your end, wouldn't you say?

  3. #43
    nya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Just finished Angel beats.

    A great series, but I cried my eyes out a few times. The ending was probably the best they could have done... but unfortunately, there could never have been something truly satisfying... the plot of "reincarnation" just doesn't work like that.



    Edit: I don't want to be confused like I was with bakemonogatari... Wiki says that it is an ANIME only series, but then it mentions that is has a light novel and manga... Can someone explain this, please?
    OMG you were so right about angel beats!!

  4. #44
    Thread Reaper Foxoftherose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Alabama, USA
    Posts
    107
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen as many series as some of you have, but my favorites are:
    Bleach
    Naruto
    Bokurano
    Elfen Lied
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Neon Genesis Evangelion (as well as Rebuild)
    Hellsing
    @Nya Are you familiar with the capslock communities, by any chance?
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=127701
    "N. jacq is the Lady GaGa of toilet bowl neps... it causes so much controversy" ~Exo

  5. #45
    nya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxoftherose View Post
    @Nya Are you familiar with the capslock communities, by any chance?
    the live journal stuff from back in the day? never a part of it - just found my way there whenever i had a paper due or some other sort of studying that i was supposed to be doing.

  6. #46
    LeafKirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gill_za View Post
    If something angers you and does not seem to anger others or the majority, the problem is on your end, wouldn't you say?
    nope
    Formerly known as WaterKirby.

  7. #47
    Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Posts
    900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished watching Gurren laggan... after seeing the AMV "yoko is perfect" (not posting a video this time!) Great series in general, though I think they really had no idea what to put after the 20th or so episode. it might have been better as two seasons, instead of one conglomeration... judging by the: (incoming whited spoilers) SEVEN YEAR TIME SKIP.. Also, though the ending was like angel beats, I couldn't bring myself to cry over it.. because it was really just pointless. And the relationship wasn't as cute. I mean, several people died to bring her back....

    Quote Originally Posted by nya View Post
    OMG you were so right about angel beats!!
    Did you watch the whole thing? If so, please come over to my house so we can cry together.

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxoftherose View Post
    I haven't seen as many series as some of you have, but my favorites are:
    Bleach
    Naruto
    Bokurano
    Elfen Lied
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Neon Genesis Evangelion (as well as Rebuild)
    Hellsing

    In the middle of reading elfen lied... I'm not sure I'd be able to stomach an anime. They're already blowing up babies in manga form, how horrific would it be in color animation...?

    On that list, Yu Yu hakusho has the extremely rare distinction of having a dub that I like. Maybe it's because I watched it as a kid, but it by far has the best english voice actors I have ever seen, in addition to not being censored when they dubbed it.

    Yoko-Kurama FTW. Everyone here should love him just because of his meat-eating demon plants!

    PS: Is it possible to put spoiler tags on this forum? I tried the [spoiler] tag, no luck.
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

  8. #48
    nya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Did you watch the whole thing? If so, please come over to my house so we can cry together.
    omg crying alone in an empty apt is soooooooooooo depressing

    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    In the middle of reading elfen lied... I'm not sure I'd be able to stomach an anime. They're already blowing up babies in manga form, how horrific would it be in color animation...?
    no worries! i think the anime is a milder than the manga. tho it has been awhile since i watched it... so i may be wrong... good luck with that!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    On that list, Yu Yu hakusho has the extremely rare distinction of having a dub that I like. Maybe it's because I watched it as a kid, but it by far has the best english voice actors I have ever seen, in addition to not being censored when they dubbed it.

    Yoko-Kurama FTW. Everyone here should love him just because of his meat-eating demon plants!

    PS: Is it possible to put spoiler tags on this forum? I tried the [spoiler] tag, no luck.
    dude i totally had a crush on kurama >.< something about that long flowing silver hair... though... hiei was pretty ****** too!!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •