What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off-topic Anime thread :)

gill_za

Never Knows Best
Hi all,

It seems that there are quite a few anime lovers here on terraforums.

I was wondering what Anime are you watching right now?

Me and my better half were watching:
Ao no Exorcist,
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
Hana-Saku Iroha

But since these are still ongoing decided to watch the Soul Eater and wait till those finish.

My favorite anime:
FLCL
GTO

FLCL :laaa:

I am a shameless Narutard and watch Naruto Shippuden religiously.
I don't do manga and I'm pretty sheltered so my tastes are mostly mainstream, but here's my list anyway:
Nana
Eden of the East
Cowboy Bebop
Fruits Basket
Shin Chan
Kekkaishi
Deathnote
Petshop of Horrors
Blood +
Inuyasha
Ghost in the Shell series
Fullmetal Alchemist series
Eureka Seven
One Piece
Code Geass
Gundam series
Bleach

...and Pokemon.

There's a couple others that I'm sure I'm forgetting and/or don't know the names of >.>
:boogie:

Yeah I'm pretty mainstream in my anime likes as well. There's just a handful of series that I love, own and watch... Speedgrapher, Blood+, Deathnote, Claymore, and a few others. My husband is the real anime-nerd. He's religious about his Naruto, One Piece and Bleach, and watches pretty much every anime out there I think. LOL I've cought a fair amount of Code Geass, Eden of the East and Soul Eater with him. He's ex airforce and was stationed in Japan and Korea for 5-6 years which I think really fueled the passion.

Heh I started watching anime after graduation from University and the first anime series I watched were Evangelion followed by Serial Experiments Lain. This "rough" introduction influenced my anime preferences alot and yet I have watched series such as: Strawberry Marshmallow, K-On, Ai Yori Aoshi etc. I gotta say when I was a kid I watched Sailor Moon but back then I did not realize it was anime, just a cartoon :)

Never watched Naruto/Bleach/anything else over 51 episodes long (if my memory does not fail me)

My wife and I both have different tastes in Anime: I keep up to date on Bleach and One Piece (it was annoying to watch a gazillion episodes to get to this point -- catching up on the manga wasn't as bad. I thoroughly enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist and anything by Hiyao Miyazaki. My wife loves Fruits Basket and Dengekai Daisy as well as Ouran High School Host Club, Gosick, and it is to her credit that I got hooked on Bleach and One Piece, she also loves those ones.

Omg, Hayao Miyuzaki is SO stellar!!! :love:
My avatar was actually Ponyo for awhile ;)

I...don't care for short series...I get so hooked and so involved and with like...Eden of the East and Nana (although I know the circumstances on the latter are..exceptional)...it just drives me nuts when they end...so something like Naruto is ideal for me cause I always have something to look forward to! ^-^ Although if you had to play catch up, it'd be a pain and this whole, waiting a week for another half-hour episode is agonizing in its own right....I prefer the ongoing story versus there just not being anything more ever.

Animes I've been watching.......

Bleach
Naruto
Full metal alchemist:Brotherhood
Fooly Cooly
Tokko
Blood+
Ghost in the shell
Cowboy Bebop

i watch pretty much anything any everything... but my favs that come to mind are:

Azumanga Daioh
Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Panic
Ghost in the Shell
Lucky Star
Kino no Tabi
Rurouni Kenshin
Trigun
Samurai Champloo

i watch pretty much anything any everything... but my favs that come to mind are:

Azumanga Daioh
Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Panic
Ghost in the Shell
Lucky Star
Kino no Tabi
Rurouni Kenshin
Trigun
Samurai Champloo

I have seen and love all of these except for Kino no Tabi and Rurouni Kenshin (I did not watch these two yet) :)

I've only been watching Naruto since my friend highly suggested I watch it.
I have seen Bleach and a few others just when he's been watching them though.

i will watch most anime if its good but heres the list i love

Dragon ball (all except the really bad one o dont remember the searies name but it will come back to me)
Deathnote
Full metal
Ghost in the shell
Full metal alchemist
Shin Chan
Inuyasha
Mushi-shi
Gurren lagann

I'll watch anything in cartoon form, but here are some of my favorites:

Ergo Proxy
Death Note
Samaria 7
Cowboy Beebop
Ghost in the Shell (only really the first movie)
Venture Brothers
Gun X Sword
Appleseed
Darker than Black

edit: Advent Children

Those are in no particular order, but ergo proxy is probably one of my favorites. Venture Brother's is a league all of its own. I tried watching Archer, haven't started liking it yet. ATHF used to be good imo, but they either jumped the shark or I just got different tastes

Last edited:
Dragon Ball Z
Pokemon
Yu-Gi-Oh

I grew up with them and still love them! :awesome:

I've only been watching Naruto since my friend highly suggested I watch it.
I have seen Bleach and a few others just when he's been watching them though.

Don't do it! That's how they get you. You watch a couple of episodes with your friend here and there and before you know it 5 years have gone by and you are still waiting for your weekly dose of crack AND looking for other stuff on the side to tide you over until next week's new episode!

Don't do it! That's how they get you. You watch a couple of episodes with your friend here and there and before you know it 5 years have gone by and you are still waiting for your weekly dose of crack AND looking for other stuff on the side to tide you over until next week's new episode!

:-)) sooo true :) happens even with those series that are short but still ongoing. I am juggling between 5 anime that are coming out right now and every time the episode is over I'm starting to feel the withdrawal symptoms. Anime in any dose 6 ovas or 200+ eps is an ultimate drug....

By the way have you guys seen Golden Boy? That drawing style is my favorite

Just noticed that the manga Golden Boy 2 started in September. YESSSSS

Havent seen much, but my girlfriend was leader of anime club in high school and is getting me to watch a lot of stuff. I like it all lots, but so far my favorites that come to mind are
Azumanga Daioh
RIN Daughters of Mnemosyne
Ghost in the shell

oh and about anything that Miyuzaki has done....even tracked down an older version of totoro for my girlfriend cause she cannot stand the disney dub. lol

I am gonna start watching Lucky Star here in a few hours i think.

Havent seen much, but my girlfriend was leader of anime club in high school and is getting me to watch a lot of stuff..

Hmmm... if she offers you to watch something called Yaoi - DON'T :)

Yaoiiiiiii :laaa:

My two friends are bigtime yaoi girls, omg :lol:

I am gonna start watching Lucky Star here in a few hours i think.

By the way, if you survive the initial food conversation in the first episode - you are done, consider yourself hooked, and start getting used to the fact that anime is now a big part of your life :)

i <3 this thread. so many new anime to watch!

Back