Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free pots from Lowes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free pots from Lowes

I dunno if this is common knowledge or what, but I figured i'd share this.

So I went to Lowes looking for a few things, including the cheap little plastic seedling pots most places carry.. And after a thorough inspection, found out Lowes didnt carry them. So I grabbed a big bag of sand and some other stuff in the outdoor garden center and went to the counter outside to pay, Where I then saw a few big plant racks covered in used pots and trays, with a sign that said "recycle your used pots here". So I told the lady at the register "Hey, I was looking for those kind of pots, but looks like you don't carry them?".. The lady said "Yeah, sorry.. But if you want some go take as many as you want, just remember to bring any pots back to recycle once your plants outgrow them". So I was like SCORE! And grabbed a few stacks. Just got done cleaning them all in soapy bleach water and counted em, ended up with 35 free pots, ranging from 3" to 10-12" big rubber ones... So yeah, I dunno if this is a regional thing, but might be worth checking your local Lowes for used pots if you're in need of some.. Definitely saved me a few bucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice.

I got free pots form my local grocery store. I've never looked for them at Lowes though... I've only been there once actually. :P

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At my lowes there's a big cart of stuff in the back they throw away, even death cube containers and plants that look okay. They don't let you take them, even though it's technically garbage. As lime slide once said, they're all "hey, he's stealing our trash!" but they do... so unfortunately they might not be so nice at other lowes.
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silenceisgod View Post
    At my lowes there's a big cart of stuff in the back they throw away, even death cube containers and plants that look okay. They don't let you take them, even though it's technically garbage. As lime slide once said, they're all "hey, he's stealing our trash!" but they do... so unfortunately they might not be so nice at other lowes.
    Hmm, this wasnt out back in the trash or anything, this was in the outdoor garden center by the front door/register.. With a sign that said "recycled pots here" or something like that. So it might be different then digging through the trash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never seen such a setup in San Diego. I tend to think it's regional...but I'm glad you picked up a few useful items.

Come To The Light. . . JB in Utah's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get free pots from work when people throw out their dead plants, I have been able to revive several dead plants from this as well. Oh the things that people throw away. My cyclosecta, anthurium, snake plants, and bamboo plants were all garbage strays, if only I could get CPs from the trash at work -- not likely in Utah though.
    I should say something witty or remarkable but that would only prove my worth to society. To that I say meh!

The List That Grows. . . Utah Members Here!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to check that out. Free is such a good price!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mother works a for a small city.
    When they plant shrubs, her boss lets her bring home the one gallon nursery pots for me.
    It's the small four inch pots that I really need. It would be strange to have a royal truncata in a one gallon pot.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast