Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 88 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Brie's CP photo thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pills23 View Post
    Looking good, Brie! Where did you get your petiolaris seeds from? I just got some from a certain Czech company, but I don't have a lot of faith that they'll germinate.
    The falconeri x aff. ordensis and aff. ordensis x paradoxa seeds came from a user here, while the broomensis and ordensis seeds came from a seed company in canada... The first two had a WAY higher germ. rate, even though I had em in my fridge all season long til I developed the cajones to try it out.. I think like 80-90% of em germinated... Compared to the seeds from canada, I got ONE broomensis and still dont see any ordensis.. *shakes head* Waste of money me thinks. Seeds were prolly crazy old or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brie View Post
    Compared to the seeds from canada, I got ONE broomensis and still dont see any ordensis.. *shakes head* Waste of money me thinks. Seeds were prolly crazy old or something.
    Unfortunately I have heard that about them many times Brie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compared to the seeds from canada, I got ONE broomensis and still dont see any ordensis.. *shakes head* Waste of money me thinks. Seeds were prolly crazy old or something.
    Thanks. Yeah, that's about what I'm expecting, at best. It's only been a couple of weeks, but so far nothing. I'm sure the seeds are very old, but I was desperate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pills23 View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, that's about what I'm expecting, at best. It's only been a couple of weeks, but so far nothing. I'm sure the seeds are very old, but I was desperate.
    Well, the first germination I think I noticed was right around the 2 week mark, may of been 3... so just keep watchin em.. How are you doing yours? Mine were bagged, inside a tank, at 90-100 degrees...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the first germination I think I noticed was right around the 2 week mark, may of been 3... so just keep watchin em.. How are you doing yours? Mine were bagged, inside a tank, at 90-100 degrees...
    I have mine in my lowland terrarium on a shelf about 8" below the lights. I didn't bag them since the tank maintains about 90-100% humidity. Unfortunately I'm having trouble keeping the temps up (they're in the 80-85 range at best), so I just ordered a stronger heat cable for it. I've read that some petiolaris dews can germinate at temps as low as 60, so this shouldn't be a major factor, but this is my first attempt at growing them, so I'm clueless. If they do grow, I'll set up a dedicated terrarium for them where I can give them better light. I got D. petiolaris x paradoxa and D. broomensis x ordensis (or the reverse, I'd have to check), so theoretically these shouldn't be too difficult to grow compared to some of the others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another update! Took photos of some other random stuff today..

A peak into my heli/nep/misc terrarium that I try to keep cooler...

My Hummer's Giant ceph decided to die on me... it started to yellow, then went all crunchy brown.. So I figured maybe it wasnt getting enough humidity so close to the bulbs.. so I moved it to the heli/nep terrarium.. and low and behold, new growth..

*sigh* and my royal trunc's first pitcher with me turned out like this...

Here's to hoping this one turns out more normal...

Other stuffs on the shelves..

New shot my regia

My two big boys.. Regia next to my insane broadleaf capensis

WHEN WILL IT STOP FLOWERING?!?

D. venusta. I love this plant.. Its always so happy and covered in huge drops of dew..

And check out its flower stalk.. I measured it, just short of 20" tall...

Baby P. reticulata from leaf pullings

D. prolifera from a leaf pulling that Drew sent me

D. pulchella x nitida growing from gemmae

D. "Lake Badgerup" from gemmae

D. allantostigma from gemmae

D. intermedia "Roraima" from seed, from my own plant. It seems much more rewarding for some reason, when you grow things from seed collected from you own plants..

D. brevifolia "Hempstead, NC"

Some new photos of the shelves..

Top shelf...

Second shelf

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang look at what joining this forum has done to you From a handful of Sarrs to a whole freaking growrack full of Helis and things! Very nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything is looking great. So neat and orderly.....
    Check out my Growlist