Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: Brie's CP photo thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soon you will have about a billion little capensis seedlings coming up all over the place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobZ View Post
    Soon you will have about a billion little capensis seedlings coming up all over the place.
    LOL.. Nah prolly not.. I isolated it on the corner of the rack, away from other things.. plus i've harvested seed from it a total of 3 times, as the pods dried.. I do however have Red and Alba's all over the place because they're over with my other large dew pots lol.. Stupid things wont stop flowering!

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
    What are you feeding that capensis?!?! I challenge you to count every seed that comes out of every seed pod.
    LOL Well the usual Sundew fair.. Bloodworms and a light foliar fert every now and then.. I really wish I knew what made it go this crazy with its flowers.. It'd flowered a couple times for me before while still outside, and it wasnt like this.. Only thing I can think of is because I had repotted it, into the biggest pot I could get my hands on.. When I unpotted it from its little 4" pot in late summer, the soil was literally ALL root.. when unwound the roots were almost 24" long, and it had like 4 offshoot basal plants.. All in a square 4" pot.. lol.. As for the seeds, it really wasnt all that much.. i'd harvest seed for people along the way, so there was only a bit of seed left in the top, newest part of the stalk..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't be so sure that remoteness is the cure-all. The little seeds get under fingernails, in your hair and clothes, and whatever. I have had D. capensis seedlings show up in a new greenhouse that had no capensis within 100 feet. Same with U. bisquamata and U. subulata. They just seem to magically transport themselves from place to place.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow your N. robcantleyi is looking gorgeous. Mine is not doing so hot. It just put out a bad new leaf. Something needs to change...
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pot size might explain it. I kind of want to try growing dews in 5 gallon buckets now.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of giant dews.. I was watering/tending to the top shelf today and saw this HUGE leaf from my D. b. multifida.. There's a bunch of them upon closer inspection.. Biggest leaves its ever put out.. And consequently I repotted this into a giant pot at the same time as my broadleaf cape..

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

And some more pics, since I had the camera out..

Capensis "Giant", going crazy. Most of the bigger plants are sending up flower stalks already..

Capensis "Baineskloof"

Tracyii growing by leaps and bounds from its winter slumber

Regia

Falconeri coming right along.. I've strarted misting them with ferts and they've definitely improved by it.. Color and growth is taking off..

Gypsicolas also coming right along.. looking like adult plants now, just in miniature

Big pretty John Rizzi flower

Primulaflora "rose" is recovering nicely from arrival

As is this grandiflora that came to me dormant

And last but not least, my young reticulatas, really putting on some size

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NIIIIIICE! Everything looks superb.

What kind of media is your regia in? Just repotted mine into peat/pumice/aps. Hoping it'll sit well.

Too bad you don't live a little further south, I really want to sell some dews at one of the summer street fairs - just don't have your kind of stock.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love those fork-leaf Sundews! My Marston Dragon is looking great these days too.