Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 49 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Brie's CP photo thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice ! I need expose my U.longifolia to some seasonal changes again so they'll do that for me !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful ute photos!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crofthulhu View Post
    WHOA.. I'm in shock by how amazing those Utric photos are. I have some black paperboard, but am never, ever able to recreate that! What do you use for lighting for those types of photos?

Thanks For lighting, I usually use one or two cheap bendy neck table lamps with those spiral compact flourescent bulbs in them.. The key is using a slower shutter speed and smaller aperture... So say like, 30 shutter, f/10... something like that.. Really helps... me at least..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seriously though.. IS THERE ANYTHING YOU CAN'T GROW!?!?!
    you suck. So jealous of your mad skillz. When are you going to publish a DYI CP Growing book for us noobs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    seriously though.. IS THERE ANYTHING YOU CAN'T GROW!?!?!
    you suck. So jealous of your mad skillz. When are you going to publish a DYI CP Growing book for us noobs?
    LOL I dont have any mad skills.. There's plenty I cant grow.. Cephs for instance. Mine hates me. We'll just see how well I do with all of these South American sundews and seeds I have coming.. I think that will be a true test of some CP growing skill.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Also, not a CP but eh oh well.. All of my Tillies have bloomed, but I was too lazy to get photos of the last 2.. Grabbed the camera and snapped a quick flash photo this morning of this one..

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, Brie. The tillies I got from that Home and Garden show look pretty lame. I have them strapped-in to my rack, so I refuse to take them off to soak them. I think that could be the issue..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mato77429 View Post
    Very nice, Brie. The tillies I got from that Home and Garden show look pretty lame. I have them strapped-in to my rack, so I refuse to take them off to soak them. I think that could be the issue..
    Thanks.. yeah since mine are all mounted to a moss covered branch now, I dont soak them... I just spray the heck of out em with RO once a week or so, til they're all soaked and dripping.. Seems to do the trick. You can tell when they get dehydrated, they look a little "parched"/feel dry, and may start to wrinkle a little bit down on the base of the plant...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some photos from today...

I separated out my big pot of D. intermedia "roraima" seedlings today, into individual seedling pots.. Or close to it anyway, I did put some clusters of 2-3 in there towards the end when I was getting tired of dealing with them lol. Also separated the last of my D. brevifolia "Hempstead NC" seedlings.. Some into a pot to keep and the other teeny guys into a couple little jiffy pots to grow out for future new homes.

And while moving around pots to make room for that tray of seedlings, I discovered my D. madagascarensis has a baby growing out of an old seed pod.. I clipped it off and stuck it down in the substrate where it'll hopefully grow. (not the pot in this picture. lol. Pardon all that moss.. old VFT pot.)

The main plant(s)

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

And for the sake of keeping things all in one place.. i'll repost these pics here..

My lone Ceph. "Eden Black " x self seedling, growing its first pitcher

And D. regia 'Big Easy' root cuttings