Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 55 of 88 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Brie's CP photo thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done on the D. Slackii! Mine does not like my GH at all, I refer to it as D. Sulkii. I suspect it doesn't like highland Nepenthes conditions, preferring more consistent warmth. What conditions are you growing it in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just realized I forgot a pic.. my D. cuneifolia.. Its putting out new adult leaves wicked fast now that its been here a while.. going from its stubby, wedge leaves to the longer adult ones..

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Well done on the D. Slackii! Mine does not like my GH at all, I refer to it as D. Sulkii. I suspect it doesn't like highland Nepenthes conditions, preferring more consistent warmth. What conditions are you growing it in?
    lol@sulkii.. Thanks.. I dont do anything special, its just under T8s, room humidity.. Being that its inside, in a small room, with all these lights, the room is definitely warmer.. But it also varies depending on the outside temp too.. Being in an apartment, on the top floor, makes for hot summer days lol. So on average temp where the plant is is high 70s to mid 80s depending on weather. Humidity is around 50% on average, and alot less on hot days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Niice!! I love that capillaris. Mine looks similar, but is smaller...

Shouldn't D. cunefolia be in dormancy now? I thought it was a winter grower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post
    Niice!! I love that capillaris. Mine looks similar, but is smaller...

Shouldn't D. cunefolia be in dormancy now? I thought it was a winter grower.
    i've read that in nature, during the peak of summer heat it will go dormant... But its not needed in captivity.. Or that only some localities do it, and others dont.. So.. meh *shrug* mine seems to be happy and growing so i'll let it do so.. Plus its only early spring.. Its still in the 40s here at night. :P Far from the peak of summer. lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brie View Post

lol@sulkii.. Thanks.. I dont do anything special, its just under T8s, room humidity.. Being that its inside, in a small room, with all these lights, the room is definitely warmer.. But it also varies depending on the outside temp too.. Being in an apartment, on the top floor, makes for hot summer days lol. So on average temp where the plant is is high 70s to mid 80s depending on weather. Humidity is around 50% on average, and alot less on hot days.
    yeah, I suspect it's the heat mine is missing. I think I should find a new home for mine, since it won't get warmth except in the summer months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brie View Post
    i've read that in nature, during the peak of summer heat it will go dormant... But its not needed in captivity.. Or that only some localities do it, and others dont.. So.. meh *shrug* mine seems to be happy and growing so i'll let it do so.. Plus its only early spring.. Its still in the 40s here at night. :P Far from the peak of summer. lol.
    Seems legit. I'm going to have to order one of these from BCP...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your slackii, Brie. Mine seem comfortable with temp.s that reach into the mid 70's F. but they really take off in the low 80's.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whim if you don't want it i can come and take it off your hands lol