Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: Brie's CP photo thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an amaising P;Cyclosecta you have there! Whao the most beautyfull pinguicula I have never seen.

Thanks!

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oooook, and with this I will place my cyclosecta back under the lights. Too nice.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much of the time you can only be as good as your sources. I got a mislabeled Nepenthes from a very reputable grower who got it (mislabeled) from the very reputable Atlanta Botanical Gardens. If you're trying to run a business you don't have time to grow every plant in inventory to maturity to check the flowers, seeds and adult forms against the type descriptions. And who has the time or expertise to translate many of these descriptions from botanical Latin or some other language. Until a couple years ago these texts weren't even available except through inter-library loans. As Lois said when I visited her greenhouse several years ago when I pointed out that a tray of Drosera glabripes she had just imported were actually D. corinthica: "All I can do sometimes is go by what they are labeled."

Saying a plant is rare doesn't make it so. Not when they have been in cultivation 10 or 20 plus years. Especially not when many of the plants listed on that guy's catalog are from Tissue Culture wholesalers like AgriStarts III. How rare is a plant when they show up for sale in supermarkets or later dollar stores? AG3 has removed and added Carnivorous Plants from their catalog before. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the "rare" plants show up in their catalog again in the fall now that demand for them is peaking. Funny how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Brie View Post
    Yeah, it definitely seems to be true with cuniefolia especially, seems theres alot of mis-IDed plants floating around.. Which I knew.. But this nursery is known for having rare plants.. I got my graminifolia and some others from the same guy, had no real reason to doubt him.. But he's an old guy, still running things in an oldschool way and he probably doesnt know the difference between cuneifolia and any others.. I kinda wanna email him to notify him of the mistake but dont wanna seem.. snarky.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful pics! I especially like the P. agnata "ekuma" x emarginata flower stalk. This pic is outstanding & would be calendar material with a different background.

What media do you use for your P. gypsicola?
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG, your P. cyclosecta is gorgeous. My favorite color is purple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post
    Wonderful pics! I especially like the P. agnata "ekuma" x emarginata flower stalk. This pic is outstanding & would be calendar material with a different background.

What media do you use for your P. gypsicola?
    Thank ye kindly..

Same as all of my [mexican]pings, an all mineral media consisting of 1:1:1 Sand, APS, pumice and dusted with iron oxide powder.. I have finally found a store selling crushed gypsum, so I think when I separate them i'll repot them using gypsum with a dash of peat for moisture..

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Bahhhhhhh, your dews make me so jealous EVERY TIME. I can definitely see the difference in your pictures these days. That extra half bit of color depth actually shows. "Your camera takes good pictures."

But really, that stalk shot and the ones of the pygmy flowers are so very awesome. What lens did you use for the pygmy shots? That last one, the closeup, is incredibly sharp. Well done. My pygmies are blooming too. And with around 400 pygmies, there should be a WHOLE lot of flowers on the way. XD

MOAR.
    Thanks dude.. Yeah I really noticed a difference with this camera too.. the thing is so sharp, you cant even sharpen in photoshop if you wanted to, makes them nasty looking.. I actually have it turned DOWN a step below default... And the color sensor is WAAYYY more accurate then on the T1i.. Auto WB almost always is spot on.

I used the Canon 60mm, with the camera on a tripod, and mirror lock up with a 2 second shutter delay..

And yeah, with as many pygmies as you have, you'll have loads of flowers in no time.. This is the first round of flowers for mine since I started them as gemmae.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    Gorgeous pings. If/when you put that agnata 'Red Leaf' into propagation let me know. By far my favorite species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post
    zfirst shot is amazing, and so is the plant. You should make prints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    Nice Pinguicula, loving the P. gypsicola
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume View Post
    What an amaising P;Cyclosecta you have there! Whao the most beautyfull pinguicula I have never seen.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mato77429 View Post
    oooook, and with this I will place my cyclosecta back under the lights. Too nice.
    Thanks everybody, you're too kind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insane P. cyclosecta! What's the diameter on that beauty? Nice P. rotundifolia, too. Not very common to see those.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm about to get a P. cylcosecta and your nice photo only makes me hungrier for it. Wallpaperish, indeed! And the flower stalk is pretty awesome.
    - Mark