What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brie's CP photo thread

Time for an update! This time, all petiolaris dew pics...

I unbagged my D. falconeri x aff. ordensis seedlings a week or so ago, and just unbagged the rest of the pots today... They're all in a sealed tank at 100% humidity or close to it, so figured the risk is minimal.. The Falconeri x aff ordensis definitely took off in growth since being unbagged...

This is the largest, also shown in my previous post..
6533449575_442f313208_o.jpg

6533435185_18f6355208_o.jpg

And I finally can take a pic, sort of, of this little guy. My single D. broomensis seedling.. 1 out of 10 seeds germinated, kinda poopy.
6533449789_3da56fb126_o.jpg

A new D. ordensis settling in nicely. :)
6533500579_670b99d1c2_o.jpg

new D. kenneallyi x ordensis also settling in and starting to show some growth
6533398119_a84ffd8502_o.jpg

6533343973_01caf1a876_o.jpg

D. paradoxa
6533489741_9d220942c3_o.jpg

D. kenneallyi that was dormant upon arrival, now showing growth and a flower stalk. crappy cell phone pic taken before I decided to pull out my real camera. lol.
6533512883_3d38982d4e_o.jpg

And THESE are making me super happy... I was given a dormant falconeri, of which I accidently snapped the entire plant away from its little dormant root bud thingie. So in effort to save the situation, I pulled every leaf off of the plant and tossed em in RO... and i'd say 99% of them so far have strikes are are growing like crazy-town. Its super hard to get non-blurry photos due to them being in a cup, but here's the best I could manage.
6533634671_0e9aa440cd_o.jpg

6533613187_2f14a8a254_o.jpg

6533613639_88c4b84a13_o.jpg

6533613399_ae11302877_o.jpg

Mannnn, I love petiolaris-es-es. They look like they're happy or happy to be settling in. And awesome strikes on the D. falconeri leaves, I'd say you probably saved the situation, haha. Well done.

Yayyy! Hopefully I can coax my ordensis out of the dormancy I received it in :awesome:

Very nice....you are good at this. :awesome:

Thanks guys :)

Excellent photography! :0o: Oh, and the plants are cool too I guess...

Nice growing! :hail:

dang.. look who's off and running with the petiolaris! :hail:

My,My,Brie....you are turning into a Drosera Pimp! :)

Great pics!

Very nice Brie! I have always liked these sundews, but have yet to set up a proper tank for them.

Congrats on the falconeri pullings! The leaves have a nice color to them.

You amaze me with the amount of new plants you pull in all at once.

lol well its not really all at once.. more like.. a little bit constantly. lol.

Nice petiolaris!

If you keep the ordensis well fed it will get huge really fast! Definitely one of my favorite species.

Looking good, Brie! Where did you get your petiolaris seeds from? I just got some from a certain Czech company, but I don't have a lot of faith that they'll germinate.

I really like the white sand in the petiolaris droseras. Nice job!

And GREAT job with making the best situation out of the falconeri incident. :)

Looking good, Brie! Where did you get your petiolaris seeds from? I just got some from a certain Czech company, but I don't have a lot of faith that they'll germinate.

The falconeri x aff. ordensis and aff. ordensis x paradoxa seeds came from a user here, while the broomensis and ordensis seeds came from a seed company in canada... The first two had a WAY higher germ. rate, even though I had em in my fridge all season long til I developed the cajones to try it out.. I think like 80-90% of em germinated... Compared to the seeds from canada, I got ONE broomensis and still dont see any ordensis.. *shakes head* Waste of money me thinks. Seeds were prolly crazy old or something.

Compared to the seeds from canada, I got ONE broomensis and still dont see any ordensis.. *shakes head* Waste of money me thinks. Seeds were prolly crazy old or something.

Unfortunately I have heard that about them many times Brie.

Compared to the seeds from canada, I got ONE broomensis and still dont see any ordensis.. *shakes head* Waste of money me thinks. Seeds were prolly crazy old or something.

Thanks. Yeah, that's about what I'm expecting, at best. It's only been a couple of weeks, but so far nothing. I'm sure the seeds are very old, but I was desperate. :)

Thanks. Yeah, that's about what I'm expecting, at best. It's only been a couple of weeks, but so far nothing. I'm sure the seeds are very old, but I was desperate. :)

Well, the first germination I think I noticed was right around the 2 week mark, may of been 3... so just keep watchin em.. How are you doing yours? Mine were bagged, inside a tank, at 90-100 degrees...

Back