What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brie's CP photo thread

Woohoo congrats Brie,

well done indeed ;)

Looking good. May you have better luck with pollinating your puchelle flower than I did :)

stigma and stamen are ready at different times. collect pollen from one flower, use on the next flower as stigma will no longer be receptive on the one you get pollen off of. butch has a few threads on this in the heli section for collecting pollen and whatnot. good luck.

I'm not sure im ready to try for heli pollination yet. lol. I've read various posts about it before and I think its a little to complicated for me right now. Maybe next time.

practice makes perfect and if you use a tuning fork or similar, you wont cause any damage to the flower so you can still enjoy it :)

If it has enough humidity I'm guessing your grao(mo) will reroot. A pretty tough species.

Looking forward to having you back in chat, Brie.

hope you can save the gaomo,but it comforts me to know i am not the only plant torturer

Cute cephy poo! Have you tried putting it outside during the summer? I did last year with a typical and it did insanely well.

May I have some wine with this Brie?

^ ^ ^ zing!

a few photos I just snapped....

D. capillaris "Santa Rosa County, FL"
7120300201_d1bb9ca955_o.jpg

7120300191_6353af4d74_o.jpg

D. Auyan Tepui seedlings
7120321773_0fe720eab8_o.jpg

7120321713_921994545d_o.jpg

D. slackii
7120321723_152fb92e70_o.jpg

D. affinis
6974240008_d9f35ba64d_o.jpg

Well done on the D. Slackii! Mine does not like my GH at all, I refer to it as D. Sulkii. I suspect it doesn't like highland Nepenthes conditions, preferring more consistent warmth. What conditions are you growing it in?

Just realized I forgot a pic.. my D. cuneifolia.. Its putting out new adult leaves wicked fast now that its been here a while.. going from its stubby, wedge leaves to the longer adult ones..

7121396607_fba883579e_o.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Well done on the D. Slackii! Mine does not like my GH at all, I refer to it as D. Sulkii. I suspect it doesn't like highland Nepenthes conditions, preferring more consistent warmth. What conditions are you growing it in?

lol@sulkii.. Thanks.. I dont do anything special, its just under T8s, room humidity.. Being that its inside, in a small room, with all these lights, the room is definitely warmer.. But it also varies depending on the outside temp too.. Being in an apartment, on the top floor, makes for hot summer days lol. So on average temp where the plant is is high 70s to mid 80s depending on weather. Humidity is around 50% on average, and alot less on hot days.

Niice!! I love that capillaris. Mine looks similar, but is smaller...

Shouldn't D. cunefolia be in dormancy now? I thought it was a winter grower.

Niice!! I love that capillaris. Mine looks similar, but is smaller...

Shouldn't D. cunefolia be in dormancy now? I thought it was a winter grower.

i've read that in nature, during the peak of summer heat it will go dormant... But its not needed in captivity.. Or that only some localities do it, and others dont.. So.. meh *shrug* mine seems to be happy and growing so i'll let it do so.. Plus its only early spring.. Its still in the 40s here at night. :p Far from the peak of summer. lol.

lol@sulkii.. Thanks.. I dont do anything special, its just under T8s, room humidity.. Being that its inside, in a small room, with all these lights, the room is definitely warmer.. But it also varies depending on the outside temp too.. Being in an apartment, on the top floor, makes for hot summer days lol. So on average temp where the plant is is high 70s to mid 80s depending on weather. Humidity is around 50% on average, and alot less on hot days.

yeah, I suspect it's the heat mine is missing. I think I should find a new home for mine, since it won't get warmth except in the summer months.

i've read that in nature, during the peak of summer heat it will go dormant... But its not needed in captivity.. Or that only some localities do it, and others dont.. So.. meh *shrug* mine seems to be happy and growing so i'll let it do so.. Plus its only early spring.. Its still in the 40s here at night. :p Far from the peak of summer. lol.

Seems legit. I'm going to have to order one of these from BCP...

I like your slackii, Brie. Mine seem comfortable with temp.s that reach into the mid 70's F. but they really take off in the low 80's.

whim if you don't want it i can come and take it off your hands lol

Back