What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest Skeeter ever!

• Thread starter Exo
  • Start date

Exo

Tastes like chicken!
I was minding my own business picking berries yesterday when I suddenly looked over and noticed this thing on my arm.....thankfully, a smack and a line of curses bad enough to set a nun on fire did the trick. I've run through some of the most mosquito infested places in my life, but I've NEVER seen one this big.......

mosquito01_7-8-11.jpg

mosquito02.jpg

mosquito03_7-8-11.jpg

Male or female?

I know... so this is an Amazon female mosquito?

Argh... hate mosquitos. That's a huge one :p

This just about made my day. :awesome: :-))

LOLZ.....No nuns were harmed in the killing of this skeeter....I hope. :suspect:

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

I know... so this is an Amazon female mosquito?

I have no idea where it's from...I just wish it would have stayed there. :-))

I've been noticing some much larger one here as well. None quite that big though.

west nile west nile west nile hahaha

Clearly it has been mutated by breeding in toxic nuclear waste... you could've become Mosquito Man... gained super strength, and be able to fly... people would've adored you!

Oh well...

Has there ever been a mosquito movie?

Has there ever been a mosquito movie?

I think there was on SyFy channel once.....I vaugely remember a man/mosquito hybrid or something......

Clearly it has been mutated by breeding in toxic nuclear waste... you could've become Mosquito Man... gained super strength, and be able to fly... people would've adored you!

Oh well...

lmao :awesome:

My Dad always told me..."eat what ya kill"...that thing is darn near big enough to do just that!
Maybe you could stand in the berry patch long enough to get plenty for a hearty Skeeter Stew?

My Dad always told me..."eat what ya kill"...that thing is darn near big enough to do just that!
Maybe you could stand in the berry patch long enough to get plenty for a hearty Skeeter Stew?

Heheh..it was big enough that I gave it to one of my smaller tarantulas to eat. ;)

LOL @ Carn12 i would be trying to swat at it if he turned into mosquito man lol

Jeeez. We just have a billion little ones here. Ones where if you don't spray your face with bugspray, they just start going for that instead.

Reminds me of the mosquitoes from the movie Jumanji.

Back