Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting an Illinois/Midwest CP Society`

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you might want to make a shout out on the ICPS site as well...might attract folks from there too...
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chungfish View Post
    Oh. well wouldn't you think that we should make a more formed organization, with a website and a forum and maybe a convention? Sorry if I come across strong, but I don't really think that a group that meets twice a year can be called a society. Even though the group is small, if we get the public involved with a open meetings, it should expand quickly. If we talk to the NECPS guys I'm sure we could get something with some real structure and maybe monthly meetings up and running. I am hopeful and happy to work with you.
    "Twice a year" makes a great society IMO!
    The problem with "local" CP clubs, is that most of the time, there just arent enough people within a short distance to support any kind of real group that can meet on a regular basis..maybe Chicago, London, etc. can pull it off..but I know of only three CP growers in Western NY, and we are pretty spread out..No one can reasonably make a monthly meeting, every month..its just too far to drive! Im not saying it cant be done! but this is a well known issue/problem when it comes to CP clubs specifically...monthly meetings just arent practical..twice a year, or even once a year "conventions" are a lot more doable, and apart from that, the club has to mostly exist in the virtual world..

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course then the midwest is chicago, with meetings probably at the chicago botanical gardens. So using your logic, we should be able to pull it off!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I can get my act together, I should be able to host another meeting this fall.

-Nate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to work with you in hosting a meeting at the chicago botanic gardens. Can you please make an account on the forum? http://midwestcps.proboards.com/

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

The reason I say the botanic gardens, not your place is that I believe that getting the public involved is the best way to save these unique plants from extinction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all. I am trying to get a meeting together in Indy at the end of August. You are all welcome to come.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh....php?p=1031675

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12