User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The National Debt: A Cheery Subject . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!
    Aw, that's so cute, someone who still thinks voting actually changes something!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how you guys are getting 50,000 dollars per person... I divided 114,500,000,000,000 by
    308,745,538 (population of the US at the last census) and got $ 370,855.56 per person!
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepfreak View Post
    I don't know how you guys are getting 50,000 dollars per person... I divided 114,500,000,000,000 by
    308,745,538 (population of the US at the last census) and got $ 370,855.56 per person!
    ...and I don't know where you got 114 trillion as the debt...
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw, that's so cute, someone who still thinks voting actually changes something!
    I know, pretty quaint 'eh. LOL. No harm in trying though.

I am using the current debt 14,000,000,000,000 and dividing by 300million. Then rounding. You are using 114 Trillion which is not yet debt, it is money not yet borrowed but what is known to be needed to pay for all of those programs the government has promised to people.

370K per person. Yeah that's alot. When you take into account almost half of those 300 million people pay no taxes at all then we are placing a very heavy burden on those that do.

...and I don't know where you got 114 trillion as the debt...
    The 114 trillion is the estimated total obligation of the US government (and this number was provided by the US Goverment) to fulfill what it has promised.

"The 114.5 Trillion dollar super-skyscraper is the amount of money the U.S. Government
    knows it does not have to fully fund the Medicare, Medicare Prescription Drug Program,
    Social Security, Military and civil servant pensions. It is the money USA knows it will not
    have to pay all its bills."

Now there is alot of controversy over this number. Sadly, the controversy is that it is too low. The government is notoriously optimistic when it comes to projecting it's own obligations. Also, I'm not sure if Obama Care is even included in this number. I've heard the number closer to 165 Trillion.
    Last edited by dashman; 08-03-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having solved all the country's problems, and having nothing else pressing to attend to, the United States Government gives itself the entire month of August off for vacation..they will be back to work after Labor Day..

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's hard work pressing voting buttons on laws someone else wrote to enact something 99% of them haven't even read but were told to vote that way by someone other than thier constituents.

I guess the bright side is that at least you know while they are gone no more damage to be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottychaos View Post
    Pretty accurate depiction of the crap that just went on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they do fall of the cliff.

Both parties just disagree on HOW they waste money, not IF they should waste money. Democrats want wasteful government programs and Republicans wan't wasteful wars and tax cuts for rich.

And no one is even touching defense spending.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." --George Carlin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast