Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tamlin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know him... but he really seems like really neat and interesting guy. Can't wait to write him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Thank you, Not a Number. I am not on here much -- rather busy elsewhere -- but there was a recent bloom on the facebook page so I thought I would check here to see if this might be why. I sure do appreciate this second "testimonial" and I know Tamlin would, too. Please flood him with postcards or, if you are so moved, a nice long letter telling him all about your plants, what's going on with you... That would go further than you could imagine. You can check in at the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suppo...23980544300164
    to get updates on his situation.
    Thank you one and all!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Valerie,

I would like to send a book to Tamlin. Should I send it to you first so that you can organise a package to him each week, in case other members also would like to send him stuff?

I'll send a postcard directly to the address found on Facebook. He'll be thrilled 'cos the last time we chatted was via email last year.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much, Cindy! Yes, better to send it to me since he is only allowed one package per week. PM me for my address unless you already have it.
    Last edited by ValerieDawn; 08-06-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: forgot to subscribe

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear lord!Ive been outta the picture for a while... what the heck is goin on with Tamllin? Ive gathered with my tiny widdle brain cells that he isnt alright though which is a damned shame. Ive never met him but I can easily say he would do just about anything to share his love of plants with everyone. A very kind hearted and selfless person.
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accurate assessment, unknownclown. If you haven't got the gist of it from this thread, try scrolling through the facebook page -- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suppo...23980544300164

Just want to say again I appreciate everyone's generous support!

Oh, and if you take the time to write him, he will write you back.
    Last edited by ValerieDawn; 08-07-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: adding on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to recognize that Tamlin has received another donation in his account. Thank you so much, 'you know who you are'! I cannot tell you how much this lifts his spirits! Any amount helps but even just a postcard goes far.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin says just about the only the he has to look forward to is the daily mail call. People have not been writing.

He also tells me his best friend there is leaving to go home. Valerie posted that he's been transferred to another unit and he is feeling foresaken by his "friends".

It would gladden Tamlin's heart to see all the give-aways (for postage or not). It would seem to me that if you can find time in your busy lives to prepare and package plants, write/print the labels. Go to the post office and wait in line that you can spare a few minutes to write to the person that helped shape the sharing spirit of this community.

The next time you go to the post office pick up some pre-paid post cards. A pack of ten is $3.20. Write a quick note on what you are giving away and send it to William. A simple thing like this would brighten up his day.

I have some seeds and extra plants to give away but I'll sit on them until I hear that people are writing to William.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast