Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tamlin

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just made a protective capsule with some misted pymgy sundew inside (and wrote a feel better card) and mailed it off to Tamlin. I dont know you much, but I hope you feel better buddy!

Lance
    Last edited by lance; 09-13-2011 at 06:27 PM.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin was an awesome guy. Never met him in person, but I had the pleasure of speaking with him on the phone a couple times. I have thought about him lately and wondered how he has been. I have missed him. I will have to get some stamps and put the post office to work. He was a very big inspiration to me in the pay it forward arena. I have heard of the "Tamlin affect" too. He shared his filisify with me on paying it forward and it will come back to you.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just like to make it clear that Tamlin (my husband, William) is not dead. He is very much alive and not so well. He does not have access to the internet (and has not been able to read anything here) but can receive old fashioned snail mail addressed to William Dawnstar, P.O. Box 143, Jamesville, NY 13078. Please only letters, cards and/or money orders to that address. Any other gifts may be sent to our home (PM me if you need the address) but no plant material! I did finally find a capable (I hope) home for the few plants he was raising here. Perhaps you should send Not a Number any plants or seeds you would like to pass on... And, like he said, it is such a tiny thing to send a postcard but is so important to him. Thanks, everyone.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Share extra plants and seeds among yourselves, that's what William encouraged. I have limited space as fellow apartment dwellers know. But find it in your hearts to take the time to write to Tamlin.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an idea (thanks Valerie and Lois):

You can write your message for Tamlin in an email to Valerie (see her profile for her email contact). She can print them out and take them to William when she visits him. Include your Terraforum handle, name and street address/PO box so Tamlin can write (via USPS) back to you. Again, he has no access to the Internet or a printer. He will write back to you.
    Last edited by Not a Number; 09-16-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Not a Number, for passing that along!

And as he mentioned before, if you have done any plant sharing, a la the "Tamlin effect," do write about that experience, too.

Right now Tamlin really needs to known that he has made some kind of small difference to anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I've talked to him on here, but I know the name. I'll definitely write to him and send him a signed print of one of my Sarracenia photos.

Hort. School dropout X 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's super
    I'll get on it right away
    Every seed that you plant ,doesn't sprout.
    Every seed that sprouts, doesn't make it to maturity.
    Every cutting that you stick doesn't grow roots.
    Every cutting that roots doesn't grow to a small plant.
    Every small plant doesn't reach maturity.

Who needs speelcheck?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast