Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tamlin

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tamlin

Valerie, Tamlin's wife thought it might be helpful if I said something here.

I won't go into the the circumstances leading to Tamlin's current situation but his medical condition is improving however his spirits are very, very down. He does not have Internet access.

For those who do not know William (Tamlin) his generosity in sharing knowledge and CPs is legendary within this community. Pay it forward is his philosophy - pass on his generosity to others. Many of you may be the beneficiaries of his philosophy and not even know it. A fine tribute to Tamlin can be found on Terraforums in this thread.

Valerie has created a Facebook page Support William Tamlin Dawnstar. Read it carefully and decide for yourself if and what you can do to help.

The main thing you can do is to write to him and let him know he is not alone and forgotten.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My apologies in advance, I am not good with words, but I will try to convey my message as best I can:

I have joined this community not long ago but shortly after I started participating here I have noticed that phrases such as: Tamlin's method of doing this or that or Tamlins way for that... became common in my lexicon. Surely I am not the only one who experienced this. I don't know William personally and I never spoken with him here directly, but he has influenced the way I approach my new hobby. His advices to other members here helped me as well. For that I am very thankful! William, get better soon as I am looking forward to more bits of wisdom from you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't pretend to know the entire situation at all, but I will say this:

Tamlin Dawnstar has been a tremendous wealth of knowledge on this forum. He is one of the old timers who has posted only very infrequently, but every time he does, it's something that the rest of us, especially the late-comers and newbies cherish as words of sage wisdom.

William, if I had facebook, I'd be a fan, but I don't. If I had more time, I'd write you a letter. But I appreciate who you are, if nothing else but just an awesome source of carnivorous plant knowledge. I hope you get better! and I hope life brightens right up for you.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Tamlin Effect"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin, among others, have had a direct effect as to the way I approach this hobby.

Early on, I would think of my extra material in terms of what I thought I could get for it; either money or plants. But as I saw people such as Tamlin give freely, it reminded me that I am not in this hobby to hoard or make personal gains. I am in it for the love of CPs. And what better way to express my love for these plants than to pass them on to others who share the same sentiment.

For anyone who has ever looked through my growlist, you will see that I have a little blurb in there about a few very generous individuals in this hobby. That shout out goes to people like Tamlin.

I have never personally received anything from Tamlin, but his generosity is legendary. I have had the pleasure of sending Tamlin some extra seed a year or two ago and felt it was an honor to do so.

I can say that one I the reasons I try to give back to the community is because of people like Tamlin. My generosity is but a drop in a bucket compared to those who have been generous to me, but I will try to even things out in the end.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am another without Facebook,

I dont know the specifics of the situation, but I do know the dark places we sometimes find ourselves. Until you have walked that path it is hard to comprehend just how bad things can be.

There is no simple answer, but only the faith that each day will get a little better... and it can but you got to hang in there mate.

Find someting to make you smile daily. It may sound simple, but in my darkest hour I was given a kitten to tend to as part of my "recovery"

That silly cat saved my life mate.

Get your butt back here and lets trade some plants.... you're overdue a heli Im sure ;-)

Butch

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need a Facebook account to read the page

It only takes a few minutes to write a post card. They're like 32 cents stamped at the Post Office. Pick a few up the next time you send out packages or letters for trades. Or you can buy a pack of 10 online and have them delivered at home. Tamlin, Andrew, previous owner and the other moderators are in large responsible for setting the warm, giving tone of this community. Tamlin took the time and effort to answer questions online even when he was partially disabled and in discomfort and pain the past few years.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Hort. School dropout X 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only e met Tamlin It has been a pleasure to trade ideas mostly get growing tips and general info about growing dews Sending positive energy for a good outcome for you Tamlin and some e hugs((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))
    Every seed that you plant ,doesn't sprout.
    Every seed that sprouts, doesn't make it to maturity.
    Every cutting that you stick doesn't grow roots.
    Every cutting that roots doesn't grow to a small plant.
    Every small plant doesn't reach maturity.

Who needs speelcheck?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast