Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What is TC fluid?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is TC fluid?

What goes into the mix to make this magical gel? And where can I get the ingredients?

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you don’t like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.flytrapcare.com/tissue-culture-basics.html
    http://www.phytotechlab.com/

General mix is Agar or some other solidifying agent, table sugar, Nutrients and vitamins (commonly Murashige and Skoog medium), and various hormones. Various ratios of this are used for different plants. FTC is a great place to learn the basics, and I'm sure others will pipe up their exact recipes.
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first thing you may want to do is some research on tc before you go spending the dough on media. Some cps require different media recipes such as heliamphora. There are great youtube vids that can get you up and running with a ready made kit in hours. The word "sterile" is now your favorite word!
    then once you get the gist...giddyup!

Previously known as: NY Plant Nerd

Getting There...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For people who have done this for carnivorous plants, can anyone recommend a supplier for most stuff I'll need?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't seriously considering starting anytime soon. Just breaking the ice a year or so early..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vbkid View Post
    For people who have done this for carnivorous plants, can anyone recommend a supplier for most stuff I'll need?
    I can wholly recommend Phyotechnology Laboratories (www.phytotechlab.com) for specific media, though would encourage the novice to first join www.hometissueculture.org -- where, for a nominal annual fee, your receive discounted media, hormones, containers, and a host of valuable information; and, no, I am not in their employ but like the service they provide. I also agree that www.flytrapcare.com is a fine resource for those micro-propagating creepy plants . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei