What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Held Hostage by a Spider

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
:spidersmile:My front porch has four upright posts along the front spaced roughly six feet apart. We came home from dinner last night at about 7:00PM. At about 10:00PM I went to go outside and found this stretching across the space between the two posts that are on either side of my front door.

niteweb.jpg

Although not a very clear image..here is a closer view of the perpetrator.

spider.jpg

This morning I went out and the spider was gone. So I misted the web with water for a daylight images.

orbweb.jpg

Last edited:
Peter Parker approves!

Awesome!

At least you didn't walk into it!

even if you did walk into it the bite will hurt a tun but their venom isnt that bad. i had one right across my front door once lol

even if you did walk into it the bite will hurt a tun but their venom isnt that bad. i had one right across my front door once lol

it's the yeeech factor of having that much spider web in my face.

I'm fine with picking up all the tarantulas I find out here, but orb weavers freak the crap out of me... Ugh, I shudder just thinking about having that thing on the front porch. I guess it's because you usually don't know the web is there until you've already walked into it and you know the spider is somewhere in your hair. Nightmare material right there.

Just a common orbweaver, harmless, they'll play dead if you mess with 'em. Then you can just sweep them out of the way.

Just a common orbweaver, harmless, they'll play dead if you mess with 'em. Then you can just sweep them out of the way.

I'm not in the least bit arachnophobic, just hate walking into webs. And I actually feel guilty if I destroy a web, feeling that I just ruined all the spiders hard work to catch a meal. :down:

Ew.

Back