What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TERRAFORUM'S 2012 CALENDAR CONTEST (rules, and submit photos here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some awesome pics everyone, wow!

Kudos to all....

Ive been trying to talk someone into submitting pics of their Byblis.... wink wink nudge nudge
:p

Two more days to get submissions in. Submissions submitteed @ 0:00 9/1/2011 (pst) will not be accepted!

Min if I submit a 4th photo? It's gorgeous!

sorry wire man, gotta follow the rules ;) ...if you really think it's worth submitting, consider taking another photo previously entered out.

Here are my entries. Wish I had more time.....a lot of nice pitchers just coming into their own....

1005003800x601.jpg

1004972a800x601.jpg

1004938800x601.jpg

Love the lighting in that second pic Fred.. very nice.

I agree with mass, plus it's well composed.

@fred: sorry about such a small deadline, the reason why we're pushing till the end of this month is because interest in calendar sales exponentially decrease as december approaches... you could pull in entries of your plants from last year, provided they werent in this year's calendar. ;) the photographs do not need to be taken in 2011 to make the 2012 cut!

FINAL DAY GUYS! SUBMIT YOUR PIECE OR HOLD YOUR PEACE! :lol: good luck to everyone! we've got some nice contributions!

Last edited:
I finalized my submissions. I'm much happier with the new purp photo, even if it's a smaller plant.

C, "Vigorous Clumping"

IMG_6424.jpg

N. x leessii

IMG_6074.jpg

Last edited:
Cephalotus follicularis

293b3138.jpg

Fungas gnat on D. prolifera

7e51316c.jpg

Fungas gnat on P. 'Weser'

3b204bf1.jpg

Ooommmmmgggg!!!!!!!!

Cephalotus follicularis

Fungas gnat on D. prolifera

Fungas gnat on P. 'Weser'

Ok now that is clearly cheating. ;) What were those taken with? Camera mount on a microscope?

Ok now that is clearly cheating. ;) What were those taken with? Camera mount on a microscope?

:blush: Actually very cheap equipment. Rebel XS, with a zoom lens and 18-55 stacked on each other.

:blush: Actually very cheap equipment. Rebel XS, with a zoom lens and 18-55 stacked on each other.

Wow, I never realized you could get such awesome results with the stack method. I need to get myself one of those couplers and try that out. That's seriously awesome!

Wow, I never realized you could get such awesome results with the stack method. I need to get myself one of those couplers and try that out. That's seriously awesome!

These are the first 2 I've taken with it so I was pleasantly surprised for a $2 ring from China. Definitely worth the money. Only problem is anything less than 2x magnification you get serious vignetting. You can see the vignetting in the two with the stacked lens' and I cropped them slightly to get rid of most of it.

Your second photo has my vote for sure!

These are the first 2 I've taken with it so I was pleasantly surprised for a $2 ring from China. Definitely worth the money. Only problem is anything less than 2x magnification you get serious vignetting. You can see the vignetting in the two with the stacked lens' and I cropped them slightly to get rid of most of it.

What was the zoom lens?

Here're my entries. Click for full-size.

Drosera adelae

Pinguicula moranensis "Tehuacan"

Nepenthes ventricosa

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back