What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newspaper Article

I'm thinking about writing a newspaper article about Devil Claws here and someone suggested that to me for my local newspaper and I don't know how to do that.

How to write an article or how to submit it to the paper?

In it's most basic an article consists of three identifiable parts:

-Introduction (What you intend to talk about and why)

-Main Body (What you have to say about your topic)

-Conclusion (What you hope will be achieved when people have read the article)

As far as submissions go every paper has their own rules. Some will accept freelance submissions from anyone for consideration others only work with writers who have agency representation. Remember that they will accept it and "go over it" doesn't mean they will run the story.

Thanks. Should I put how the Devil Claw seeds are spread and put pictures also?

You will have to find out what the submission requirements are for the paper you are targeting, they're all different. To do that you'd have to find their submissions information either in their paper or on their website or contact their managing editor. Some are particular about line spacing, type style and how much materials they want submitted others aren't so finicky, they will tell you what they need from you to make their decision.

Good luck! Writing is fun! :)

Thank you and I did contact them about that.

Back