What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. spectabilis

New to CPs. Anyone know how large a plant can it get ??

Most Nepenthes can grow into big bushy plants with flowers all over, but that usually takes about 20 years. It takes 3 to 5 years before the plant starts to produce flowers (the more it grows,the more flowers it puts out every year). Most nepenthes aren't that big when they reach maturity, but they can create big flower vines. If they ever get too big to handle, I would recommend gettingva greenhouse for them. I waited a 5 years before getting a greenhouse, and by that time my N. Miranda was already 8!
Your nepenthes should be fine for the first few years of growing, but if you decide to get more, get ready to make room, especially for a miranda!:-O

N.spectabilis gets a leafspan of about 10in......given that they make multiple basals over time, they can eventually become a cluster several feet across.

Back