Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Show and Tell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally! I can't believe I finally found one. This is the holy grail for N. ventricosa fans.... or maybe just me.

Introducing.....
    N. ventricosa "porcelain form".

Last edited by dashman; 10-06-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post
    Thanks. I'm not sure. I haven't measured. If I had to guess 20-24 inches. They are quite tall and slender. I recently repotted it and put it in with some other larger sarracenia so that the pitchers would be supported with growth from the other sarracenia on either side of it. The pitchers would constantly droop and break from wind gusts. It was in a pot of it's own which was the original pot I got from Meadowview when I was there 2 years ago.

I highly recommend this sarracenia. It is one of my favorites!
    It's an awesome hybrid! Such a pure white. The ones at Meadowview started making leaves close to 3 feet tall in August. The lids were at my waist!

Oh, that porcelain is nice! Such an amazing sheen on the peristome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GAH! *nosebleeds* That Ventricosa is beautiful!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
    It's an awesome hybrid! Such a pure white. The ones at Meadowview started making leaves close to 3 feet tall in August. The lids were at my waist!

Oh, that porcelain is nice! Such an amazing sheen on the peristome.
    Yes, I'm not surprised S. "White Knight" is that big at Meadowview. I have a picture of my daughter standing next to a S. flava rugelli when we visited Meadowview that is every bit of 3 feet tall and a lid big enough to stuff a softball in.

Here is the mother plant: http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...howtopic=32934

I have wanted one ever since I read this thread a few years ago. So happy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that is a great porcelain form. So large too!
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post
    Yes, I'm not surprised S. "White Knight" is that big at Meadowview. I have a picture of my daughter standing next to a S. flava rugelli when we visited Meadowview that is every bit of 3 feet tall and a lid big enough to stuff a softball in.

Here is the mother plant: http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...howtopic=32934

I have wanted one ever since I read this thread a few years ago. So happy.
    I know exactly which plant you're talking about, the Georgia Giants! They were even taller this year, approaching 4 feet.

That has to be the best looking N. ventricosa I've ever seen..... Probably one of the most beautiful Nepenthes I've ever seen. It's so simple, but so pretty! Is it as easy to grow as other vents?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I have had it all of 23 hours so in my experience yes it is really easy and as fast as all of the others. LOL.

But seriously, this plant has a reputation for being extremely finicky and slow growing and requires strictly highland conditions. The original grower reports that it will go pretty much dormant for months, then pick back up again. With that in mind, I am just hoping I don't kill it.

Oh, and it appears to be female, according to the tag.
    Last edited by dashman; 10-07-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Really like that N. truncata x spectabilis! Lovely markings. I really don't have the space for neps right now but it is a pleasure to see photos from people who know how to grow them properly.

- Mark

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast