Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Show and Tell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Show and Tell

I haven't taken many pics of my plants in such a long while so I decided to take a few tonight.

Hope you enjoy them.

First off is a surprise show stopper. I didn't know what this one looked like before I received it. It just sounded like a good cross. And big pitchers too. I couldn't lift it from between the grates because it was too big. Hard to tell size in this pic due to the angle, but it is about 8 inches easy.

N. ventricosa x truncata

Small, but still pretty
    N. xTrusmadensis

Another small one, but also pretty...
    N. lowii x veitchii

One of my favs..
    N. xSplendiana x xMixta

D. regia

This one is getting to be more trouble than it's worth. An easy grower really, but I gotta look up it's spelling every time I mention it.
    D. graomogolensis

N. ramispina

Just received this one. Here it is with it's acclaimation apparatus (a baggie) removed temporarily for the pic.
    N. macrophylla

Another new one undergoing acclaimation.
    N. hamata

Group shot

Alot redder than I would have thought. Turning out to be quite stunning (if you like red).
    N. ventricosa x (ventricosa x xTrusmadensis)

This one was in a funk for the longest time since I hacked it for cuttings. Finally starting to put out some pitchers. The funk continues at imageshack as I can't seem to get this picture to quit rotating. It is upright on my machine and any attempts to edit it at imageshack results in a sideways picture. Ah well, hope you enjoy it anyways.
    N. ventricosa x xTrusmadensis

That's all for now.
    Last edited by dashman; 08-20-2011 at 06:29 AM. Reason: misnamed ventricosa x truncata as trunc x vent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful! I really like the N. ventricosa x xTrusmandiensis. I have two plants of N. ventricosa x (ventricosa x xTM), I believe they are seedgrown, one is light, and the other is dark like yours except with dark stripes on the peristome.
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice collection.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what.. that's it!?!? I know there's more hiding in that secret stash of yours. Come on buddy.. keep em' coming! Off to a good start though.

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me. jpappy789's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love all the ventricosa crosses
    -Josh
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything looks great! I really like the N. ventricosa x (ventricosa x xTrusmadensis), I guess I have another one to add to the want list....

Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all.

@carn - My ventricosa x (ventricosa x xTrusmadensis) does have a dark stripped peristome, it's a little tough to see it in the pic. In less light my plants pitchers are more orangish and the peristome stripping is lighter. I posted one of it a while back when it was getting less light. Also the leaves turn reddish when under heavy lighting. It's a nice plant!

@mass - LOL. Yeah, I took a ton more pictures than this, but my photography skills are horrible. These were the only ones that weren't blurry. It's hard taking macro photo's by hand.

@Keith - Thank you. A few of the above plants probably look familar to you. I got them from you a few months ago so much credit goes to you on thier health and beauty. They didn't skip a beat. I didn't even need to acclaimate them.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast