Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: USPS Follies . . .

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really USPS fault but mine was Cindy's book group buy last year.... ( I was her USA facilitator in the offer)

Box arrived from Singapore (can you say cha-ching$$$$$) with USA Custom's marked tape repairing a major, major tear. Somehow, somewhere between Singapore and the USA the box was tore open.... missing a big section.

Over half the books were missing, and most of what was left were heavily damaged....

Cindy lost her butt in replacing the books and reshipping. To help her, I distributed them domestically on my dime

Group buys are bad mojo.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a couple of Heli hybrids in the mail that got the same force of treatment the above box did. Unfortunately, the priority box chosen was a video-sized box, so they were completely smashed. The box was wet also, but was bagged and labled as "destroyed in mail" when it arrived.
    As a result, I would never use such a small box, as priority is weight based, a larger box with some light packing material costs the same as that small box to ship.

Joe

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one flat rate box that looked like it was run over by a cartwheel or another heavy box fell edge on right in the middle. Fortunately the two sundews were at the ends so no harm done.

S*** happens. Boxes shift in the back of a truck or aircraft cargo pod. Drivers have to slam on the breaks when cut-off by some jerk or aircraft encounter turbulence. A worker not paying attention dumps heavier boxes on smaller boxes. Stuff falls off carts, forklifts or gets jammed on conveyor belts. S*** happens.

Non-flat rate priority can be tricky. Exceed the weight tier by 0.5 ounce and the rate goes up 9-10 dollars. Ship across one zone further and the price goes up $0.65-1.25.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should have seen the Fed-ex guy run when he left this on my porch.....

Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a foolproof way around this. I always write in bold marker on the package:

YOU KICK IT, YOU DROP IT, IT EXPLODES IN YOUR FACE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one time when I was supposed to receive an order of plants, so I made arrangements to be home when they were delivered. Anyways, I was pulling into my driveway when the USPS truck drove up. The lady hops out of the truck, grabs my package, which was carefully labeled with all of these: "Perishable: Live Plants," "Fragile, Handle with Care," and the "This Side Up" Well somehow she must have gotten the idea that these meant to see how far she could throw; needless to say, I watched in horror as my plants were chucked about 50ft, straight at my front door. The package missed, hit the bricks on the side of my garage, bounced off and got skewered onto my railing! It was literally hanging on my railing, with the bar going all the way through it! Man did I yell at her! Plants were ok, but one had to be repotted, the railing had gone right throw its pot...somehow it recovered despite having most of its roots shredded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann_A View Post
    I had one time when I was supposed to receive an order of plants, so I made arrangements to be home when they were delivered. Anyways, I was pulling into my driveway when the USPS truck drove up. The lady hops out of the truck, grabs my package, which was carefully labeled with all of these: "Perishable: Live Plants," "Fragile, Handle with Care," and the "This Side Up" Well somehow she must have gotten the idea that these meant to see how far she could throw; needless to say, I watched in horror as my plants were chucked about 50ft, straight at my front door. The package missed, hit the bricks on the side of my garage, bounced off and got skewered onto my railing! It was literally hanging on my railing, with the bar going all the way through it! Man did I yell at her! Plants were ok, but one had to be repotted, the railing had gone right throw its pot...somehow it recovered despite having most of its roots shredded.
    Oh....my...god......
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HE HE For all it's foibles at least we do have a postal service but for how much longer?

We could wind up in the league of Somalia, the only other country without a postal service I can think of off the top of my head. Good times are a comin' if everything has to go UPS, Fed Up or DHL... Yikes $$$

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast