Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: USPS Follies . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    HE HE For all it's foibles at least we do have a postal service but for how much longer?

We could wind up in the league of Somalia, the only other country without a postal service I can think of off the top of my head. Good times are a comin' if everything has to go UPS, Fed Up or DHL... Yikes $$$
    Seriously!...Hey come to think of it, if someone were to actually start a decent delivery service, they could probably make a lot of money!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how about a week from Washington to Oregon,it was only a few hour drive,I have go media mail from there in 1 day but priority takes a week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the USPS is constitutionally mandated so will never go away. Thankfully I have never had problems (knock on wood).
    'Celebrate the birth of our nation by blowing a little piece of it up'.The Simpsons.
    My grow list ~http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=107403

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Destinations more than 500 miles often arrive faster than closer destinations since they get put on a plane, while things relatively "next door" can and often do take longer as they are going from sorting annex to sorting annex on trucks until it gets there.

Neps in priority boxes arrive to me in MN in two days from either coast but stuff from Colorado and Texas always take 4 days.

I do hope they don't cancel the postal service cos I need my job until I pay off my CCard fully before I take another stab at freelancing! LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the lucky winner of Jbradt's generous giveaway and we decided to ship on wednesday instead of the planned monday. So the shipping and packaging said that my package was to arrive on friday. Along comes friday and no package comes, I check the track and confirm later and it said they attempted to deliver at 6:15 pm and they left a note. The funny thing is that, I WAS THERE at that time and there was no usps truck. So the next day arrives and I call the ask usps number, they tell me to call the local office so I do, no answer, I call five more times, no answer. I eventually just walk over to the office which is like two miles away. When I get there they tell me my package is on the truck and they tell me to go to the address where it is being shipped. I walk two miles back and when I am a block away I happen to see my local usps guy, We are friends and he is a nice guy. I ask him when I should get my package and he says they arent delivering to my address and that he remembers seeing my package at the usps place. He then calls them to tell them where my package is and he tells me to go back to pick it up. Two more miles of walking and I finally get my package. I walk another two miles home to discover they completely ignored the "this side up" signs that jbradt put on the package so I find my new heli's roots snapped off...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They held my N. burkei at the post office for two weeks before telling me it had arrived. The growing tip was dead, but it has rebounded. In your face, USPS!

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heli thats so sad to hear! :.(

My female fusca X miranda took 5 days to travel ONLY 100 miles from Orange county and when it got here the plant looked horrible. The plant was grown in outside conditions and should have adapted to my greenhouse easily...but the once waxy leaves were now floppy after the long shipping .

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 days for 100 miles? It takes me 2 hours to drive that distance!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast