What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wire Man's Plants

• Thread starter Wire Man
  • Start date
Are you serious?! They grew that fast? THis population is more robust than I expected....

She was really hungry. I was removing the dried cricket carcasses from her enclosure earlier this week and she attacked the tongs. That's how I knew it was time to increase the food size.

N. 'Lorraine is singalana x boschiana. You can't go wrong with those parents!

I have a singalana x boschiana, except it's called 'Parasol'. I didn't know there was another name for it. Two hybridizations by two different people, maybe?

N. 'Lorraine' and 'Parasol' are made by the same person. I'm confused about the naming, too. They might be different phenotypes.

Nice plants and scary bubbles! I like how the glabrata uppers look sorta the same shape as mulu uppers :grin:

Just wait until Bubbles is bigger than my face. They do have a nice shape. I'd love to grow muluensis! Those have even better contrasting colors.

Are you serious?! They grew that fast? THis population is more robust than I expected....

I'll get you some pics up. Theyre starting to go dormant but i'm sure you could see where I cut the flower stalk.

Just wait until Bubbles is bigger than my face. They do have a nice shape. I'd love to grow muluensis! Those have even better contrasting colors.

Yeah... :0o: um... added to list of things I don't want my face eaten off by.

I tried my hand at mulu - guessing my humidity was too awful for it. I love their white uppers. Some guy in Italy made mulu x campy so I'm crossing all my fingers and toes and hoping the seed sprout and make it over here somehow.

cool lady bug pics.

Purpurea from Caroline Co

DSCF9264_zps191e99d7.jpg

I didn't even know muluensis was in cultivation.... The pitcher that the ladybug fell into, which just opened, is dying now. Kinda upset about that.

You were right, that thing grew really fast!

That burkei certainly produces colorful pitchers. 'Very nice-looking. And here's to a bigger-than-your-face Bubbles.

N. burkei gets better with every pitcher. The D. cistiflora seedling is putting out larger leaves!

Looks great!

Another update!

Something simple first, D. spatulata flower.

D. spatulata by Wire Man, on Flickr

And now for something awesome, D. cistiflora seedling!

D. cistiflora Seedling by Wire Man, on Flickr

Tipularia discolor seeds. Don't even think about breathing around these!

Orchid Seeds by Wire Man, on Flickr

H. minor

H. minor by Wire Man, on Flickr

N. 'Caladium' unopened

N. 'Caladium' by Wire Man, on Flickr

N. 'Caladium' opened!

N. 'Caladium' by Wire Man, on Flickr

First Sophronitis cernua flower!

Soph. cernua by Wire Man, on Flickr

D. cistiflora in response to feeding

D. cistiflora Seedling by Wire Man, on Flickr

Cephalotus by Wire Man, on Flickr

And 2 HDR images of the Sophronitis flower.

HDR Sophronitis cernua by Wire Man, on Flickr

HDR Sophronitis cernua 2 by Wire Man, on Flickr

Beautiful plants and excellent photography! So does D. cistiflora snap shut when you feed it or did it slowly move to that position?

That's the newest leaf on D. cistiflora. The tentacles will unfurl shortly.It'll be hard to tell what the tentacles do until it's larger.

Tropical video from october I finally got around to stitching together.

Plants are looking great :) Gecko too... I'm jealous of your glabrata, because while mine is at least as large and deffinately in vining stage now, it's not pitchering anymore. Maybe mine wants a little more light. I had to move it to a different location farther from the lights to accomodate its vertical growth. I'll have to re-think the setup i guess.
Anyway, great growing :)

I really enjoy your photos and the vids rock too! I have to say I am becoming quite a fan of your art work as well. Quite a nice "little" collection you've got there. :-D This is a late comment and slightly off topic, but I would like to mention how much I thoroughly enjoy the Japanese maple in the background of this pic. Great back drop for your bog garden!

Uh-oh I broke it lol! I was refering to the bog gargen pic on page one of this thread. The maple is in the left background looking all lacy and fantastic!

Back