What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wire Man's Plants

• Thread starter Wire Man
  • Start date
Rob's.

wow wireman you got an eddy,and that veicthii looks fantastic,look forward to seeing them grow,i have not had much luck with fusca but think they are great looking neps,i like your choice in plants:bigthumpup:

N. fusca is peetty easy from what I've experienced. Very heat tolerant. Now to construct a decent cooling system.

My newest Ceph, pending cultivar name 'Brewer's Red.'

Cephalotus 'Brewer's Red' by Wire Man, on Flickr

N. maxima 'Lake Poso' back in my care.

N. maxima 'Lake Poso' by Wire Man, on Flickr

My 3 gallons of adelae has turned into 3 gallons of Zen. Plants include C. f. 'Brewer's Red', D. leucoblasta, D. gibsonii, D. mannii, and D. dichrosepala.

3 Gallons of Zen by Wire Man, on Flickr

N. truncata

N. truncata by Wire Man, on Flickr

N. attenboroughii seedlings. You might want to zoom in on this.

N. attenboroughii by Wire Man, on Flickr

D. occidentalis

D. occidentalis by Wire Man, on Flickr

D. pulchella

D. pulchella by Wire Man, on Flickr

D. androsacea

D. androsacea by Wire Man, on Flickr

D. leucoblasta a week after arriving.

D. leucoblasta by Wire Man, on Flickr

An unidentified Dryadella that Mason dropped off.

Dryadella sp. by Wire Man, on Flickr

ROS pickup, Aerangis luteo-alba

Aerangis luteo-alba by Wire Man, on Flickr

The other one, Oncidium croesus

Onc. croesus by Wire Man, on Flickr

Oncidium croesus by Wire Man, on Flickr

Oncidium croesus by Wire Man, on Flickr

N. edwardsiana

N. edwardsiana by Wire Man, on Flickr

I see you moved the eddie to where it can get natural light, a wise choice :p. Seems like it is growing for you already.. looking good!

Indeed I did. It's already working on a new pitcher.

every thing looks great , love the ceph

Plants are looking good.

So is that 10 year old edwardsiana.

Yes, that eddie is 10 years old. Jimmy, you should see this Ceph in person. The only part that isn't red is the interior.

There are few enough Cephalotus cultivars - that is an exciting development. Are you the one registering the name, Wireman?

Charles is registering it. He says the traps are massive as well, rivaling Hummer's Giant. Definitely a winning cultivar.

Video update.

yayyy!!!! I love your vid updates

thanks and great narration

How large are the flowers on the Dryadella? Do you know which vendor it came from? Dryadella crenulata flowers are 3/8", Dryadella sororcula's are 3/16" & Dryadella zebrina's are 1/2". Jay lists 36 different species (most with photos) @ http://www.orchidspecies.com/indexdendroc.htm

Plants looking great! I need to get some of those minature orchids sometime.

That SG eddy is a beast! Hope it picks up the pace a bit in your conditions.

The Dryadella flowers were tiny, maybe 1/4" wide at the most. It came from the Orchid Trail in Raleigh, NC. I'm thinking it's either D. crenulata or aviceps. Miniature orchids are addicting.... So many can be fit in a small space. Thanks for the kind words everyone!

The Dryadella flowers were tiny, maybe 1/4" wide at the most. It came from the Orchid Trail in Raleigh, NC. I'm thinking it's either D. crenulata or aviceps. Miniature orchids are addicting.... So many can be fit in a small space. Thanks for the kind words everyone!

im glad my filthy habit caught on. :mwahaha:

Back