What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fungus gnat larvae in U. sandersonii

I saw 1mm long larvae in my Utric. should I be concerned ? Are the bladders of my Utric big enough to devouor the larvae ? I'm new to CPs. thanks for any info.

The smaller larvae should get eaten. My outdoor Utricularia pots are always relatively free of fungus gnats while I have to treat my flytrap, Sarracenia and sundew pots with Bt when the infestations get out of hand. I never treat my Utricularia pots as they need a source of food.

I saw 1mm long larvae in my Utric. should I be concerned ? Are the bladders of my Utric big enough to devouor the larvae ? I'm new to CPs. thanks for any info.

If it really concerns you can get beneficial nematodes from amazon. They will kill larvae and provide food to utrics at the same time :) .
Otherwise like NaN said utrics should take care of them.
I gotta admit though I had doubts myself when I had gnat infestation because the largest bladder I've seen on the utric was far smaller then the larvae, so I treated the pot with Scanmask.

If it really concerns you can get beneficial nematodes from amazon. They will kill larvae and provide food to utrics at the same time :) .
Otherwise like NaN said utrics should take care of them.
I gotta admit though I had doubts myself when I had gnat infestation because the largest bladder I've seen on the utric was far smaller then the larvae, so I treated the pot with Scanmask.

The nematodes will probably go for the plant death more than the larvae :|

A capensis would do wonders for your problem. They make great dew food.

Back