What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something unexplainable keeps happening...

I don't understand what's going on, if someone wants to kill my hognose snake, or if I sleepwalk, but I keep finding sharp objects in my snakes' terrarium.

First, I found a mini hatchet buried in the soil. Fortunately, Frank wasn't harmed... but I was surprised and questions my family.

Second, I found a homemade "dart" that my brothers and I made about 5 years ago. (It's a straw with a pin taped on the end :p ) I had no idea these "darts" were still laying around the house... I don't understand how it could just appear in his terrarium. This time, I think Frank was harmed; I think he's missing a scale or two on his face, probably form rubbing into it while digging.

Could I be sleepwalking or something? That's the only explanation I can think of... But why would I be trying to kill my snake?

Post your thoughts please.

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." - Sigmund Freud

Maybe your brother is sneaking into your room when you aren't looking and playing with the snake?

Record a video of the tank during the night, but make the video recorder hard to be seen.

Maybe your brother is sneaking into your room when you aren't looking and playing with the snake?

My brothers are older than me, and both would never purposely hurt an animal. Plus, they show no interest in any of my pets or plants. Thanks for the thought though.

D:

Maybe it's not you sleepwalking, but anyone in the family.
And the next question would be, how is it stopped?

You're right though, there's really no other explanation, unless there's little tykes in the house, but even then, why would they be able to access sharp objects, or your snakes cage.

I think the only way you'll know is to pull an all-nighter. See if anyone comes out to the snake's cage.

Or maybe ask your mom or someone to hide the cage before bed, if it turns out you're the sleep-walker?

idk. that's as weird as it is terrifying though :c

goodluck :hug:

Record a video of the tank during the night, but make the video recorder hard to be seen.

perhaps.

Maybe it's not you sleepwalking, but anyone in the family.
And the next question would be, how is it stopped?

You're right though, there's really no other explanation, unless there's little tykes in the house, but even then, why would they be able to access sharp objects, or your snakes cage.

I think the only way you'll know is to pull an all-nighter. See if anyone comes out to the snake's cage.

Or maybe ask your mom or someone to hide the cage before bed, if it turns out you're the sleep-walker?

idk. that's as weird as it is terrifying though :c

goodluck

Thanks for the suggestions. :) Maybe I should put new locks on the cage or something to prevent it, one with a code.

I was going to suggest the locks or codes or whatnot, but if it IS you, then what'd stop you from just undoing those? ;\

I was going to suggest the locks or codes or whatnot, but if it IS you, then what'd stop you from just undoing those? ;\

If they do get unlocked then I guess it would be me, and that's a good way of knowing. I will have to be the only one with the code!

Better would be an electronic trip wire. They're relatively easy to make and would create a very, very loud noise, waking you up whether it's you or someone else doing it.

Better would be an electronic trip wire. They're relatively easy to make and would create a very, very loud noise, waking you up whether it's you or someone else doing it.

Seems legit. it would have to be hidden, right?

Maybe your snake has gained intelligence is trying to manufacture weapons to take over, RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE SNAKES :spazz:

Lmao!!!

Back