Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A question of morals

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    posted thinking i was in a different thread, apologies to all
    Last edited by chibae; 09-03-2011 at 04:52 PM.
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One might consider not excepting who God made you far worse than not following the bible

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cpsammich View Post
    One might consider not excepting who God made you far worse than not following the bible
    Please don't start including those who do not share your beliefs in them. My beliefs do not include me, nor my ancestors being made by a God. Nor do I consider the bible to be anything more than a book of fiction. Please don't get me started on who has been drinking the holy koolaid,
    Last edited by chibae; 09-03-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always surprised anyone believes it is any of their business what other people do in their bedrooms between consenting adults. Not being a christian I can say I have never committed a "sin", and neither have any non-christian homosexuals. If they are not my beliefs they mean nothing to me EXCEPT when people try to force their religious laws upon a secular people through legislation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxoftherose View Post
    I wish more people were like you. I think it takes an strong person to be able to be kind to people they meet, even if they disapprove of their lifestyle.
    Thank you, and thank you to all who have participated.

Quote Originally Posted by chibae View Post
    To ALL who feel the need to hiijack Thez's generous give away with handed down xtian beliefs, please stop right now. This is a trade/giveaway section not a bible study section. Quoting anti-gay passages and then saying "but I know some gay people" is not exactly how I read the requirment of having in someway helped the LGBT community.
    Now back to your regularly scheduled trades and give aways.
    I'm sorry you feel this way it was not my intent to hijack a thread nor do I feel I have because I created a separate thread. I am not trying to participate in the giveaway and never claimed that I support the LGBT community in saying I was friends to some gays, I was saying that I respect their right to choose what they will.

Here are some good links about the "gay gene"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology...al_orientation
    http://www.trueorigin.org/gaygene01.asp
    I love lamp...

Grow List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I humbly apologize, I thought we were still in Thez's thread...... I was wrong, BUT my beliefs are still what i said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not christian either, I was just saying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just my personal observation, but i find "coming to faith in Christ" and "coming to out of the closet" to have very close parallels to each other...we know about the stories of homosexuals being repressed, persecuted and killed, but you never hear stories of christians being repressed and persecuted, but they do exist.
    there are those who have been disowned by their families and friends because of their belief in Christ, there are those who are mocked and cursed at because they love Christ. but there's more than that as well: in other areas of the world, christians are set on fire, beaten with ply boards, spat upon, thrown in prison, beheaded, etc etc etc... and yet most of the world doesnt seem to care...seem familiar?

most people hate christianity based upon the assumption that it is another strict oppressive religious system that is based of fear...but in truth, TRUE christianity has always been rooted in love. the christian's motivation for forsaking himself, and dying to himself and living for Christ is spurred because he understands the price paid for his soul...he understands that apart from Christ, he has no communion with God and is actually at war with God. God being good and just has every right to destroy him, but chose to place divine wrath on His Son, so that communion with God might be restored and the eternal consequences of sin are dealt with completely. this is love: while we were still yet haters and enemies of God, God took the initiative and gave sinners His only begotten Son. there is no room for a high and holier-than-thou attitude here, for EVERYONE is in need of mercy from God, whether they recognize it or not. (i suppose i just outed myself as a christian on TF. )
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast