Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A question of morals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A question of morals

In response of a recent giveaway I feel it needful to make this thread. I have made the choice to make the Bible the foundation of my life and belief system and I must say I was rather blown away at the response and fervor of this community that has participated in Thez_yo's giveaway. Obviously as a believer in the Bible I do not support or condone the LGBT community but rather I view it as morally wrong.
    Before you go and get all mad at me, I want to state that this thread is not meant to condemn other but is a thread to share views. I personally want to thank Thez for her generosity in such a fantastical giveaway and congrats to whomever may win. Also of note, I have been a friend to several gay people but I do not support their lifestyle. I do not support persecution of the LGBT community and would like to think I would step in if I ever saw someone beating, maiming or killing one of the stated just as I would hope someone would step in if the same were happening to me because of my views/lifestyle.
    That being said here is how I feel on the subject: It is moraly wrong, God condemns it and all who continue in such sin choose the path to Hell. Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,...Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:...Romans 1:26-32 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. God makes it clear that homosexuality is an abomination and a sin that will condemn one to hell if they continue in it. I fear for our nation and its views as well because God also declares Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
    I know that all of us have our own beliefs and this thread is not meant to try and force my opinions or views on the rest of you, I am just sharing the truth as God has given commandment to do. Once again I know the majority of you will not regard this as the truth because I'm sure we all view our own beliefs as the truth which is why we hold such beliefs. I respect your right to your beliefs and I know they are your choice I just wanted to share my conviction out of concern for others.
    Please feel free to comment while keeping in mind that per forum rules this does not turn into an argument and that others are entitled to their own opinions. Also I think this can be an interesting way to learn more about the fellow growers on this forum.

:All scripture is quoted from the King James Bible:
    I love lamp...

Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish more people were like you. I think it takes an strong person to be able to be kind to people they meet, even if they disapprove of their lifestyle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it is my knowledge that that pretty much all people of homosexual orientation are born that way, and I know that many of them don't like the way they are, and some even try to live "normal" lives, ultimately being terribly unhappy that way.

So if I were to view things from a religious point of view, I could only conclude that god failed them in some way.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I believe is, as a follower of the Bible, is that homosexuality IS immoral, however, it is the person's choice how to live their life and everything will be sorted out in the end. I know that you can't choose to be or not to be gay, but it's your choice what you do with your homosexuality.

I honestly know a few homosexual people, and I must say, even though I disagree with their lifestyle, they are some of the nicest people I know
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In biblical times they thought it was a choice
    Now it is common knowledge that it's not SO DON'T BE HATIN'
    Just in case you were wondering, I'm strait

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have to toss in Romans 3:23 (for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.); Romans 6:23 (For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord.); Romans 19:9+10 (If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.); and John 3:16 (For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.)

There's nothing wrong with God. It's we humans that have screwed up and chosen to reject Him, whether it be through homosexuality, heterosexual lust, or any number of other things we do, say, or think.

The message was always there and always simple:

Luke 10:26 + 27:

26 "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?" 27 He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cpsammich View Post
    In biblical times they thought it was a choice
    Now it is common knowledge that it's not SO DON'T BE HATIN'
    Just in case you were wondering, I'm strait
    No, it is NOT a choice to be homosexual or not, it IS a choice to commit homosexual acts, however.
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You forgot "Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda, book of Starwars.

Seriously...better to accept who you are than living a lie and trying to please a diety of which all proof is second hand/third hand/fourth hand......
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast